Chapter 2

I never knew Jacob could fight.

He pounced on her. Gail screamed. He started punching her face violently.

"JACOB!" I screamed. "STOP! PRINCIPAL GROVER WILL..."

"SHUT THE FUCK UP, AMALIE!" Jacob shouted as he started to twist Gail's wrists at extreme angles.

"Excuse me."

We all looked at the one and only, Principal Grover. She was tall with a gray bob.

"Mr. Lawrence and Miss Simon, to my office," she said. "NOW."

Gail's wrists were blood red from the twisting. She had bruises on her face.

"Nice going, asshole." I say to Jacob as he passes me.
•••••

I am so incredibly mad at Jacob. Rumour has it that he got suspended, and that Gail was suing him for domestic abuse.

He called me, but I didn't answer. I mean, why would I? Yes, he beat up my worst enemy, but he got suspended on his FIRST DAY!!! Seriously!

I needed to talk to someone. I had an idea. It was lame, but oh well.

"Where are you going, Ami?" Mom asked as I got my shoes on.

"Somewhere," I said "it's important."

"Alright." She stirred her stew. "No trouble. Be home in an hour."

"'Kay."

I rode my bike to the tree. The tree where Josie got hurt.

"Hi Josie." I knelt on the rough dirt and gravel.

"It's me, Amalie. I know its kinda fucked up to be talking to a dead person, but bear with me. Nothing has been the same since you left me. We didn't go to prom. School just started. Jacob got suspended for beating up Gail, who got butt implants. I'm mad at him. I'm kinda mad at everyone. I wish I could be with you. Alive or not."

I placed the flowers I found in Memorial Park on her grave.

"God bless you." I shouted as I rode off.