Chapter 5

"Write about something you lost." Mr. Georges, my English teacher, says. "Due at the end of class."

That's easy. Might as well explain Josie.

What I Lost
By Amalie Wilson
Sept. 4

I lost my best friend. Her name was Josie Roberts. She had strawberry blonde hair and the cutest little freckles. She always stood up for me. She liked Doctor Who, Divergent, and MTV's crappy reality shows.

She had depression since the middle of eighth grade. She took some medication for it but it didn't help. Death was always on her mind, but outside of it, she looked happy.

But she wasn't. On this past June 11th, the night before junior prom, she overdosed on Advil and bleach, and she died.

I cried everyday for about a month. But now, I'm alright. Everything is FINE.

R.I.P. Josie
November 5th, 1998- June 11th 2015

The End.

When I finished I burst out crying. Mr. Georges came over, read my paper, and patted my back. Several others, including Erik, came over and did the same: read, pat, pat, pat. But Erik hugged me. That was amazing, but weird.

After class, he came up to me.

"I knew Josie." he said. "She was on my swim team."

"Josie never mention you."

"Well, I was the 'Quiet Guy'"

I was surprised.

"Really?" I said.

"Yeah..."

"She was my BFF."

"I saw."

We were walking towards my locker now. As I opened it, Erik turned towards me.

"Hey, do you, um, wanna go to a movie on Saturday? A couple other kids are going, too."

I blushed. "Sure. But only if my friend Jacob comes."

"The kid who beat up Gail? Sure, but don't let him beat up anyone else."

We laughed.