Chapter 25 The Empress' Eye

Third Person's POV

"Thank you for the match!" Both teams cheered as the audience cheered and clapped for the winning team; Seirin and Shutoku.

It was an intense play as they both reach the same score and they did their best to win, it was Midorima and Kagami fought for the last ball to score as the two clashes with their immense skills. Not just Midorima who almost got into his zone, but also Kagami also tried it despite the uncertainty whether he is capable enough despite his ability right now as he is still developing. But nonetheless, he can't be weak and must take risks before he faces his greatest opponent ahead of him that will challenge his mind and skill; Aomine Daiki in Winter Cup.

Both teams won and now Shutoku advances to the finals while Seirin has only one game left to win before they officially grab a place in the finals. 

Kazunari noticed his friend breathing heavily as he placed his hands on his knees to balance himself, he was sweating and he knows the reason for his friend's condition.

Did his zone took a toll on him...? he thought as he helps his friend after both teams congratulated each other and help him get out of the court and let him sit on their bleachers, he was almost dragging him and the weight of Midorima is starting to put weigh on him as he realizes that he was really drained from the game.

Just in time when Midorima gave out and fell unto the bleachers, he reaches for an icepack and placed it on the side of his neck to ease the heat coming out from him as he still breathes heavily. His teammates become attentive to his condition right now, especially their coach.

"Hang in there, we'll drag you to the clinic first before we head out," Kazunari told as he started to get both of their things before going back to the changing room. Midorima just looks at his friend's actions and just lets him be, right now he is not himself as he felt his energy completely drained and even holding his lucky item is too much for him and if he stands right now, he will definitely fall and pass out due to fatigue.

On the other side of the court, Tetsumi was watching from what's happening to  Midorima from afar, she can't help but feel sorry for him because she knows his condition every time he went closer to his zone. She wants to at least comfort Midorima like before but right now, she thinks that she didn't have to do it since this is one of the reasons why she let him go by himself, to explore more of his ability as a player.

She let him be and went back on attending her teammates as they are worn out from the game, she went closer to her brother as she gave him his water bottle.

"We did it Tetsuchi~ you did your best!" She cheers on her brother, but he just looked at his sister.

"We need to talk, later." He spoke making his sister frown at him, she didn't meddle her brother as she just went to her friend Kagami, she will just confront her brother later.

"We only have one game left to go to the finals Tetsumi, save your excitement." Their coach, Aida Riko announces as they listened to her. They're now heading back to the changing room and to discuss what happened with their game.