Chapter Seven Claim

When I herd him talk I couldn't believe what I herd. I sat there for a second or two before specking.

"What did you say?" I asked confused. Edwin's farther open his mouth and spoke clearly.

"My two sons,Edwin and Ian,my wife Emily and myself Allen are vampires." Vampires.

"Vampires?" I looked at him then back at Edwin,who was looking at me softly. I turned back to Edwin's farther "Allen."

"When you say vampires what do you mean?" Vampires could mean anything,that they worship vampires or that they were followers I'm not sure what the difference is."

"We are blood sucking creatures of the night." Ian blurted out. I looked over at him and saw him in new light. Those cold eyes that stared at me,I felt a chill go up my spine. What had he been trying to do before? Edwin's farther clear his throat and we all looked at him. He gave Ian a hard look then looked at me.

"We are vampires,the kind you have heard so much about. However there are a few things you must know. If you plan to leave we will not stop you,but if you plan on getting the town together to kill us or whatever." He said waving his hand. "Your should know,steaks,garlic crossing running water sunlight none of it effects us."

"Dad Kikki wouldn't do that." Edwin spoke. So they really were vampires?

"I understand,but she should know her options. If you plan to stay here Miss.Kikki you should know that we will protect you,but we can't do noting when it comes to family matters." Before I got to ask what he meant Edwin got up and and took my hand.

"Dad I'm going to take Kikki with me to show her around the house a bit more." He looked at his farther and something seem to flow between them.

"I know and I'll talk with him." His dad said looking at Ian,who just rolled his eyes.

"Come on Kikki." He said and lead my out of the room. Over my shoulder I herd Ian say "See you later Kikki." Then the doors closed behind us. Then everything that happen in that room seem to hit. I stumbled and Edwin quickly caught me,much quicker then a human could. He helped me to a near by seat and crouched down next to it.

"Kikki are you o-k?" He asked putting his hand on my forehead. So Edwin and his brother,his whole family as vampires?

"Wh-" I took a breath it was hard to ask. "What was Ian trying to do before?" Edwin looked at me softly as I looked into his eyes. He brushed some hair out of my face.

"He was trying to claim you. He wanted to make you his so he could become head of the family." Edwin's face came hard and seem to struggle with his words,this was noting like the vampire stories I had herd of. Vampires were elegant graceful creatures that could seduce you with words,and here Edwin was struggling with his. I couldn't help but giggle. He looked up at me with a hint of smile on his face.

"Whats so funny?" He asked amused.

"I'm sorry. But vampires?You don't act like one." I said,I reached out and place my hand on his cheek. Before I had notice his body was cold,but I thought that was just because my body had been warm. But even now his face felt cold. I softly stroke his cheek,his ice cold smooth cheek. "Your skin is very cold and your pale,but you trip over your words and have done me no harm. The only thing vampire about you is your perfect." There was a tenderness in my voice that I didn't know I had that came out and it caused me to blush. A smile creased his face,but quickly faded and he rest his head on my lap. I laid my hand on his back. His hair was such a rich brown color. It made me think of summer. I ran my hand through his hair and he took a deep breath. Did vampires breathe?

"Whats wrong?" I asked softly stroking his back trying to sooth him.

"The claim. If Ian claims you...." He trailed off and I felt his grip tighten on the chair.