Missing finger

A couple lived happily, but as soon  as the man lost his job, the only way he was going to get a job was by gambling.
He gambled for a few years, earning a lot of money and making them rich, but the woman was very sad that her husband was at such a low rank, so she told him how she felt about his 'job' and the man, he loved her very much so he  bought her a gold and diamond ring and gave it to her, he said that for as long as she wore the ring, he swore that he wouldn't ever gamble,the woman told him to swear on his life, and he agreed. The woman was in tears of happiness and introduced him to a job that doesn't give such a poor pay but she knew that he would be able to do it. 3 years later he remembered his life of gambling and how he swore on the ring. He decided that he hated the job and thought up a plan. He was going to cut the ring off her finger and get the ring back so that he could gamble again. At midnight he took out the knife from under his pillow and held out his wife's hand and cut her finger off, ring with it, he forgot about the part that he also swore on his life. He knew that she wasn't dead so he burned her and buried the ashes. He started to gamble again and many years later he saw an old lady about his age on the street. He felt sorry and invited her to his house for something to eat. But as her hand reached out to take the teacup, he saw that her ring finger was missing.He thought it was a coincidence so ignored it.
"You swore"
The man turned pale with fear.
"You swore that you wouldn't gamble. YOU SWORE ON YOUR LIFE!!!!!!" She screamed.
It seemed that the woman had risen from hell and was back as a spirit.
Scared, the man picked up the phone and called 911 but when they arrived, he was gone, leaving no trace that he was even there, the only thing left of him was the ring that he swore on.