The fake

My 7-year old son has been screaming in his sleep for the past few days so I asked him what was wrong. He told me there was a monster in the closet, brushing it off as a normal child thing, so I tucked him back in bed, only to be woken again a few hours later. This time I let him sleep in me and Gabi's room for the night.
The next night I set up a baby monitor in the room to see if anything was wrong.
That night there was no screaming.
But that morning, he didn't seen the same, something just seemed wrong.
As Gabi drove home to school I decided to watch the video.
For the first few hours nothing happened, but then I saw the closet door creak open slightly and my son flinch, wide-eyed, staring a it as a woman hobbled out. The woman was so skinny her backbones were showing and black, stringy hair. But for some reason, it almost seemed fragile.
It made its way towards his bed and picked him up, hands easily wrapping around his head, and carried him into the closet.
It returned an hour later with a large, shapeless blob and placed it in my son's bed.
Anger came to my mind, how dare it put a thing so disgusting in his bed?!
It started moving, almost into the shape of a small boy until it looked exacting like my son.
It lay there.
Morning came and it got up, got dressed and left the room.

I don't know what it was that left with Gabi this morning, but it definitely isn't my baby boy.