Chapter 13- Targeted

Sorry the last chapter was a little repetitive. To be honest I didnt check which information I had already gotten across from the last one so I just said it all over again with a few diffferent things. :) Enjoy this one. Things ought to pick up considerably. 

When the Hellicarrier came into view we were shocked. It was just floating off the coast of some remote island that was un-inhabited. We sped forward and landed on the flight deck and walked into the main part of the ship. The Avengers were all crowded around the table usin graised voices towards each other. 

"You're trying to tell me that this high tech ship cant take us off their fucking radar?" Nicole was yelling at Clint.

Jacqueline was standing besides him glaring at her.

"Maybe we can help." I said

Everyones head turned and we were met with different reactions from everyone. The suits unwrapped themselves from around us and we stepped out. They parked themselves to the side of the room against the wall. The blue light still shining in their eyes. 

"Oh great," Nicole nodded sarcastically at us "Glad to see the super assholes are here."

"Go eat some food or something and get over yourself will you?" I snapped 

She wiggled her jaw and smiled, looking away agnriliy. Steve sat next to her concerned still trailing his fingers over her arm. I glanced at Jacqueline who rolled her eyes and waved her hand at Nicole. 

"I gather they have us on their radar?" Tony asked as he walked over to a control panel on the table. 

"So whos this?" Clint asked pointing over at Castor.

A look of recognition dawned on Bruce's face and he stepped pointing at him. 

"You're the guy who helped attack us at Evangeline's funeral." He said

"Yeah he's my cousin." I nodded

"I thought you killed him though," Steve pipped up

"Yeah," I nodded my head and went over to a control panel myself "Well I asked a favor and I got him back."

A few of them blinked at each other. 

"Why would you kill someone only to bring them back?" Clint asked pointedly

"I realized I made a mistake. What else is there to say?" I asked

He scoffed and shook his head smiling.

"So thats how you guys do it huh?" Steve asked, anger flaring in his eyes. A slight smile twtitched at my lips. "You guys just kill each other and then go back and go against nature?"

"Uh...if you havent noticed..." I paused glancing at Castor with a smile. His face was surprisingly blank. "We arent exactly ... all nat-ur-al. If you get me."

"Yeah well what exactly are you then?" He tilted his head at me

"Oh my god!" I laughed "Why do you care!? Am I hurting you? Am I hurting your girlfriend? Am I hurting anyone else you care about? Then why are you on my ass about this?"

"Because," He threw his hands in the air "You're unstable. We can not depend on you and the others put this leadership opportunity in your hands and I think its wrong. Its wrong that they make it an option to you and its wrong that you take that chance. You know what I think you know it and you just dont care do you?"

i rolled my eyes and sighed

"Whatever man," I waved my hand at him "I'm not going to fight with you about this. Its ridiculous. A waste of time. Valuble time. They could be firing weapons at our asses right now. Doing nothing about that possibility is no good." 

"I'm afraid at this point getting off their radar would do no good." Clint shrugged his shoulders

"Right," Jacqueline agreed "They would know we cant move anywhere. The best thing we can do right now is evacuate. As bad as that sounds it really is our only option. They know we cant move anywhere and they'll take advantage of that. All we are is an obstical. And at this point an easily eliminated one."

"You're all telling me that it doesnt bother any of you that not even S.H.I.E.L.D has at least an idea of what they are. As far as we can see they are dangerous and unpredictable. She alone has killed more people for unknown reasons than some of the most accomplished assasins. Shes a criminal and so is he and this is an anti- crime organization."

"What is struck in your craw?" I turned on my heel to face him "I get it you want answers. Well we are on the same page, because so do I! You think I know more than you about any of this? You wanna know what happened to me? What really happened? Not just what the file on me says? Ok fine. I geuss you think that since we have SO much time on our hands now is the time to quiz me about my past. You know presented with this I am faced with the same question again! Why do you care!?

"Because you killed him and brought him back like it was no big deal!" Steve screamed "Thats why I care!"

A sharp whistling sound filled the air. I whipped my head around at everyone. Their eyes widened in the direction of the windows. My head turned and there was fire engulfing me. Blowing me off my feet with the force of the impact. My ears were ringing and heat scorched my face. 

When I felt myself hit the ground I turned myself over onto my side as another explosion wrought the air. I brought my arms over my head and I could feel cuts being sliced through me by flying pieces of glass. I felt the heat go away from my face and opened my eyes. My hands went up to my face nervously to feel it. It was felt unscathed still smooth and soft. I sighed with relief, I wouldnt have to repeat the trauma of losing my face. With that thought in mind I drew from my bag my mask and slipped it on to my head. Nervously tying the ties. The mask would shield my face from further attack. Perhaps even make it easier for me to see as there were now lenses over the eyes. 

I crawled to my feet as my hearing started to clear. My head hurt terribly from the fall. I looked around quickly and saw Tony getting to his feet as well. There was a mass of bodies lying around on the ground. I willed my feet to move over to the lying mass with cork screw blonde hair. I shook the shoulders and those wide blue eyes opened to stare at me. I smiled weakly and pulled him to his feet in a heave. He shook me off and ran over to help other people.

"Get him!" Tony pointed at Castor "We have to go!"

"But the others!" I yelled over the screams echoeing in the air.

Castor picked Thor up off the ground. Thor spotted a pile in the debris and headed for it. He picked Paxton up off the ground and swung her over his shoulder as he called his hammer to him. The others started to pick themselves up and Clint took the lead of the group. Making us drawl through the debris after him toward some unknown escape. 

"They'll be sending more." Jacqueline answered shortly to my quick questioning glance as we tromped through the ship.

Explosions continued to shake the ship and with each new burst and rumble Clint changed direction until we had no where to go but up. Tony climbed into a suit that had finally caught up to us after his persistant calling of it. He bursted a hole in the roof, exposing more smoke filled air. 

Thor swung his hammer around and lifted himself up through the hole along with Paxton who was still knocked out in his arms. Castor grabbed ahold of a spare thick cord and began climbing up it and most of the other did the same. While Tony grabbed me and shot up into the air. We landed on the roof and helped the others up. 

The thick smoke chocked me and I ended up pulling my shirt over my nose and mouth to obscure the smoke. Others followed suit and we ran after Clint and Jacqueline at the head of the group toward the edge of the ship. Another boom and the floor  beneath us shook and began caving in. We reached the edge and looked around at Clint for a signal on what to do as another explosion happened. Nicole lost her footing and went over the edge. Steve jumping after her.

I looked to Clint, but he and Jacqueline had already dived over the edge. I stepped forward and jumped holding my nose and making myself as bullet like as possible as I sliced through the air and fell into the roiling water.