Chapter 2- A Bite In The Ass

So if you havent noticed I got a new cover on this one as well from the most amazing cover maker there is. Honestly this is just amazing. I am so thankful for the hard work  she put into it. It looks incredible. Thank you thank you @MyCalmsnanity!!!

I was driving home from work that same day when I got a call. I picked up my phone and answered "Hello?"

"Hello, this is Mr.Colburn, Phoenix's P.E. teacher. I am afraid to report that we have had a little problem today."

"Oh?" I asked with slight concern

I was racing some hot shot in a corvett. He thought he was pretty cool. But I was cooler. I slammed the pedal to the floo and took off down the road leaving him in the dust. I let out a slight laugh and I heard the voice on the other end clear its throat. 

"Oh my apologies." I chuckled "Road rage."

"Oh," He laughed with recognition "Yes, I am afraid the Phoenix has created some trouble in class. I would like you to come in and speak with me and him after school if that would be alright."

"Uh yeah its fine. But would you rather have one of his parents come in?" I asked "I mean I can give you their numbers you can call them up."

"He asked for you specifically," Mr.Colburn sighed through the phone

"Then what time does the day end at?" I asked

"3:25," He answered shortly 

"I'll be there then," I replied, brightly

"Thank you," He hung up with out another word. 

I drove the rest of the way home and found Phoenix talking to his parents in the front yard about his first day at school. I gave him a look and he turned away from me. I went into the geust house of my own and changed into my casual clothing. I went back out side to find Phoenix and Castor sitting on the grass together.

"Hey ,Phoenix, how about I take you out for ice cream and you can tell me about your first day." I smiled 

His face brightened and he got up from the grass. He came running over to the Veyron and hopped in. Castor sat up and gave me a look.

"What?" I shrugged, climbing into the car

We sped off down the road and I changed my face from a smile to a scowl.

"So you get in trouble on the first day?" I ask

"Yeah," he replied like it was some great feat.

I waved my hand for the story.

"This kid tripped me in P.E. so I did what you would do." he shrugged 

"What I would do?" I turned

"Yeah," he shrugged "I punched him."

"What?" I laughed

"Well, he tripped me." he threw his hands up

"Was it on purpose?" I asked

"Who knows," He threw his hands up again.

I started laughing and he smiled around proudly. I mimicked him, throwing my hands up in the air in the same way. The car swerved and I heard a honk. I laughed harder as I straightened the car. He smiled around at me pompously.

"So we arent going to ice cream?" 

"No," I shrugged "We'll go talk to your hippy P.E. teacher and then maybe after."

"Awesome!" he cried.

He took out his little action figure and started playing with it in the seat beside me. I looked over and sighed to see the little Iron Man figure. What the hell was Castor thinking getting his kid this shit? Was he trying to kill me or something? Was it his sick way of getting revenge? I laughed at my own joke and glanced at Phoenix who was stuck in his own little world still. That was what was nice about five year olds. they didnt care if you talked to yourself. Or laughed at your own jokes. 

We arrived at the school and we walked into the gym together. The teacher came out of his office and I was surprised to see how good looking he was. Not everyday that happened was it? I was ready for another one night stand. It wouldnt be too awkward just because it was my nephews teacher, would it?

I stuck out my hand and shook his. He smiled and brought us into his office. He sat us down and talked to us about the incident and I acted somewhat angry, but I gave Phoenix a few winks to make him know he wasnt in trouble. The kid tripped him. It was the appropriate reaction. 

To be honest I had flirted with the gym teacher. He was nice looking what could I say? I liked a handsome man every once in a while and it had been a while since my last... sleep over. I gave more thought to this one though. Perhaps I should do this one right. Maybe even, dare I say it, start up a relationship. I dont think I would ever be ready for it, but this time I decided I should just jump before I look. 

"Listen we are going out for ice cream after this, would you like to join us?" I batted my eyes at him

His blue eyes opened wide and he smiled at me. 

"I would very much like to join you," He he nodded enthusiastically

"You'll have to meet us there though I'm afraid," I apologized "We are driving in a two seater."

"Well you could both just ride with me," He shrugged

My smile broadened and I nodded "That would be nice."

Tony's POV

Once I had gotten her general location, getting an exact location was extremely easy. I thought she would know how to stay off the grid better. Even S.H.I.E.L.D couldnt find her? I found that hard to believe. Was it just Billy keeping them off her trail?

I landed in the little shopping complex. I stepped out of my suit and straightened my jacket and tie. I walked over towards the ice cream parlor. I stopped as I saw them walking out of the parlor. She looked exactly as she had before. Besides all the cuts and bruises that had covered her the last time I had seen her. She was walking out holding the hand of a little boy. He looked to be around five years old with curly blonde hair and green eyes. He had her smile. I looked up and saw a man beside them. Tall and blonde with a short hair cut. He seemed to have an eternal smile on his face when he looked at her. 

She reminded me painfully of the last time I had seen her. That night after Pepper had cut in, I had watched as Bruce went over and started dancing with her. I had watched painfully as she had placed her head on his shoulder. How she had acted like he had replaced me. Then they stormed outside together. I waited for him to come back him and I headed toward the door. I had wanted to talk to her. Now that I look back I'm not sure what about. I was going to give her a piece of my mind. Acting like that around Bruce. What did she think she was doing? But when I went out there she was gone. I had been looking for her ever since. 

And now I had found her. Yet I shrunk away from the oppertunity to talk to her. What would I say? Reprimand her for leaving or for dancing with Bruce. Billy was right. I couldnt do this to her. I saw how happy she was and for once I thought about how it would affect her if I came back into her life. 

The little boy holding her hand looked around and spotted me. His eyes got big and he pointed toward me. Mouthing wordlessly, he stood. I looked around quickly and went back to my suit. It enclosed around me and I took off into the air a little ways. Looking down I saw as the boy tapped her and pointed toward the sky at me. Her eyes locked onto me, I hesitated. This would be the time to go back. To talk to her. I had already done the damage. 

Instead I took off into the air as fast as I could. Leaving her and her family on the ground. I could only hope my actions wouldnt come back to bite me in the ass. But they usually did.