Chapter 6- Cool Gizmos

It had been a month since I had moved back to the states. I had gotten a place in beverly hills and furnished it with IKEA furniture. I couldnt find the time to get anything else so I basically just had them send me set ups for each of my rooms. They each had a different style and it made me feel like I was in a different house every room I entered.

Tony and I thought that was pretty damn funny. We would talk in different accents in each room of the house to fit the style. That might have been the most entertaining part about it all. The furniture kept breaking though. I kept having to order new ones from IKEA. I think it was part of their evil plan to take over the world or something... Or something.

Tonight I was standing in the green room for a talk show. Ellen Degeneres had invited me to come and talk about the new tech I would be ushering into Stark Industries. I had brought along a few models of some cool stuff to show the audience. I suppose we were supposed to be talking about what directions Stark Industries were going in and what was happening with the energy race.

They called my name and I was lead out of the green room and out to the wings where I heard Ellen call my name. The audience burst into polite applause and I walked out on stage and shook Ellens hand. I waved to the audience smiling. She motioned for me to sit down. 

I walked over and sat down in the chair. It swallowed my ass and I had to climb back out of it. Ellen made a surprised face at me as the crowd calmed down early.

"What just happened there?" She asked jokingly

"Your chair swallowed my whole back half," I laughed 

The audience laughed and so did she. She smiled around.

"Oh I'm sorry. What can I say they go with the whole room. It just fits." she shrugged, smiling still

"Yeah they totally do," I nodded 

"So um I hate to be rude and all but what are you wearing?" She joked

"Oh um," I looked down "Jeans and a shirt. They told me to be comfortable. I considered sweat pants but decided last minute I probably shouldnt."

"No no, comfortable is fine I was just talking about your shoes..." She motioned

"Oh yeah, well I have a nephew who wanted to get these shoes. So I got us a matching set. Hes like my own little american girl doll." I laughed

"And they are light up Iron Man shoes?" She smiled broadly.

"Yeah they totally are," I stomped my foot showing them light up "They're from sketchers.They didnt pay me to say that either."

The audience laughed and so did she.

"Alright so I'm not sure how many people in the audience know you," she motioned to the audience "But this is the new head of technology for Stark Industries."

the crowd cheered and I smiled around at them. 

"Now I understand you brought out some cool things to show us." She smiled at me.

"Well yeah," I nodded my head from side to side "I mean I brought some stuff that could fit into my pocket. Its kinda cool. Some of the stuff is going on one of the new Iron Man suits Tony is working on. And I thought it would be cool to show you some of that stuff"

The crowd cheered and Ellen motioned for the hands off stage to bring out a couple of targets.

"Now I wonder if you wouldnt mind volunteering for this one," I smiled at her as I stood up 

"Uh is it dangerous?" She asked tentatively

"Slightly," I smiled 

She sat back down.