Chapter 14- Memories

I remeber when he was just my friend. When he was just Andrew Floyd. When we were just the two geeks in the front of the class. Marking on our comp books furiously. We had at least 12 comp books for each day of classes. We were dedicated and through our dedication we found our friendship. 

He was the only boy to ever pay attention to me. Well up to this point. As a result I developed a crush for him, my good child hood friend. Then she came along. That substitute teacher. Put in place of Mr.Jockowski. I remember that he had disappeared under strange circumstances and the school had been forced to replace him when he just didnt show up one day. 

I happened to look over at that very moment at a missing poster still up in my old teachers honor. My attention turned to the street I was walking across now that the sign had beeped at me and begun counting down on the seconds I had to cross. 

My feet padding on the sidewalk did nothing to calm my nerves. I still gripped the handle of my gun tightly. It had been hard to get yet my boss had got it for my for protection. She had giving it to me on grounds of protection. The enviroment had changed in America since The Libra had taken over and applied his new world order. 

Thats right. I could no longer  refer to him as Andrew anymore. If he introduced himself to the public now as The Libra then thats what he was. He wasnt my friend anymore. He wasnt the red headed boy that sat on the couch and watched 80s movies with me. He wasnt the boy that I had once thought I loved. He was the Libra now. A cold heartless man. With his mind set on power and destroying America. A country, that before that substitute had come along, he had loved. 

You see she wasnt very pretty. In fact I remember her perfectly. I remembered how on the day I met her I had, for once in my life, felt superior to someone. She was a strange looking albino. With white blonde hair deep set piercing blue eyes and swollen cheek bones set right beneath her eyes. She had a large ape like forehead and her chin was far too strong to be a womans. Yet she drew him to her like a moth to a lamp.

At which point I got off my high horse and confided in her. I asked her what I should do. I told her that he favored her and that I loved him. That I didnt know who else to go to. That I thought she was the only person worth knowing. 

I remembered how she sat across from me for some time with a blank stare. The light seemed to have gone out of those beady, watery, blue eyes. Then her face cracked into a grin and she started to laugh, maniacally. She laughed so hard that I started to cry out of the confusement she had invoked. I ran from the room and as I opened the door I found him there. I found Andrew. Thats when he was still Andrew you see. He stared at me for a moment and walked into the class room and shut the door behind him without a second glance at me. 

At the thought of this memory I broke down and cried in the middle of the street. I still loved him. He was still my everything. The fact was, he didnt exsist anymore. I cried because he had died the day he entered her classroom. He had been lost to me, he was no longer Andrew Floyd. He was the Libra now. 

He acted as if everything were normal althought I could tell it wasnt. He had changed. Something in him had died out and something else had awoken. He tried to cover it up but he wasnt good at it. He knew I could see right through him and in response when I questioned him on that final night at his house; he answered me.

He told me that Cordelia, he refused to call her Ms.Ananke, had showed him a book. A book that held his future, his past, and now his presence. One that he could only seek with Cordelia by his side. He told me of their grand purpose that she and him would fulfill. He spoke of several people who were unaware to their true meaning in life as he used to be. That he had to find these people. That he had to convert these people so that they could help him accomplish their means.