Chapter 21 Stay!

I let the tears stream down my face. My whole body shook and I made small squeaks of cries. I let my emotions get the best of me. I cried the hardest I've ever cried since my parents. The thought of Harry passing away kept creeping up on me like a bad dream or a song you can't get out of your head. I did my best to push it away.

"Natalie?" I heard a small shy voice squeak. I looked up.

"What?" I asked still crying.

Kelsey's POV

I have been in this hospital for 4 days. I haven't showered in 3 days. I was so worried about Niall and the boys. I was even more worried about Natalie. She hasn't left Harry's room since she found out. I was starting to get scared. Niall was sleeping on the waiting chairs. His head pierced on my lap. I stroked his dirty blond hair. His arms were crossed. I don't know how he sleeps like that. His body took up five chairs even then his feet dangled over the edge os the last. Zayn, Liam, Louis, Daniel, Parrie, and Eleanor were at the cafeteria. The boys wouldn't eat but just like me the girls were worried. I wanted to wake Niall up but he needed the sleep. I looked at Harrys door. I could only imagine what Natalie was feeling. She really loved Harry. I looked around and spotted a nurse coming over to me. I was scared because every time a nurse comes over to me it's bad news.

"Hi!" She said cheerfully.

"Hi." I whispered so I wouldn't wake Niall up.

"Well we have some good news and bad news." She said making a sad face or bad and a smiling face for good.

"Okay good first." I said.

"Well your friend in there is going to feel better." She said. I raised my eyebrow.

"Really?" I asked getting excited. This is what she needed. Harry is leaving. He is getting up soon. He is going to wake up.

"Now the bad." She said. Okay I should ave taken the bad news first.

"Okay."

"Your friend Harry isn't going to wake up and we will have to unplug him from the ventilator." She finished. I starred at her. This is going to break Natalie. She can't take this.

"Are you kidding me?" I asked.

"No I'm sorry. We have to unplug him on Saturday." She said. "In 2 days?" I asked.

"Yes if you would like I could tell your friend." She offered.

"No I-I can umm I can tell her." I said. I looked down at Niall's peaceful face. She was still sleeping. He actually looked happy. I would hate to tell him his best friend is never going to wake up. I brushed his hair off his face with my hand. I slowly but carefully slid my lap out from under his head and held it there. I reached for my backpack I brought. I slide it under his head and laid his head down. I knew I was going to cry any second. as soon an I thought that a tear inched it's was down my cheek. I blinked hard then kissed his forehead.

"I'm so sorry babe." I said again brushing his dirty blond hair out if his face. I walked toward the room and grabbed the handle. I twisted it and wiped the tears from my eyes. I cracked the door open.

"Natalie?" I asked peering in the door. She looked up. What little make-up left on her face was smeared on her cheeks, her eye's puffy and red. She sniffed.

"What?" She asked.

"I need to talk to you." I said bring the rest of my body in the room. Her face lit up.

"What?" She sniffed wiping the tears from her face. She looked happy. I missed her looking like this.

"Well I just talked to the nurse." She didn't let me finish.

"What did she say? Is he waking up?" She said looking at Harry. I grabbed her hands and held them in mine.

"Nat they have to unplug him on Saturday." I said. Her face fell from excited to sad in a millisecond.

"No they can't." She said. "Nat they have to."

"They can't just let him die." She screeched.

"He's not waking up." I cried. She tore her hands out of mine.

"NO!" She screamed. I stood up.

"Shh Natalie." I said.

"NO THEY CAN'T!" She screamed. I sat her down and clamped my hand over her mouth.

"Shut up." I said. I know thats mean but I didn't want to make a scene. I didn't want Niall to wake up yet. I couldn't tell him too.

"Get. Out." She said. I started to cry again.

"Okay." I said walking out.

"No Harry no please." I heard her beg as I shut the door behind me. I looked at Niall. He was sleeping still.

"Excuse me nurse can we have two blankets?" I asked.

"Sure." She handed me two blankets ad I wrapped Niall in one careful not to wake him. I sat in a chair across from him and tangled myself in it.

I looked at Niall then at the room. I looked back at Niall and he was awake. Well just waking up. He stretched and sat up.

"Niall?" I asked. I was about to ruin another person's life.

"What?" She asked with the same reaction Natalie had.

"Umm I wanted to say. You should eat." I chickened out.

"Okay we can go to cafeteria." He smiled.

"Okay lets go." I said looking at the door. "Is something wrong?" He asked.

"Yes."

"What?"

"They are unplugging Harry Saturday." I admitted. His face fell. I ruined another life.

"Oh okay." He said. "Wait what?" I asked.

"I heard the nurse." He said. I made an O shape with my mouth.

"I had my pain already I guess it would be worse if I saw him."

"Niall I'm so sorry." I sniffed. I got up and snuggled up to him. He protectively held me close and he rested his head on my head.