Before

(Before)

“Um, I’m not against it if that’s what you mean.” I told him.

“Well if you want, I have a stash in the boat house out back. We can have some fun.” He said.

Fun. Every boy who had used the two words fun and alcohol wanted one thing. Sex. That was seriously something that I wasn’t ready to give up. Especially to somebody that I had just met. I didn’t care if he was in a boy band or if he was rich. He wasn’t getting this.

“I’m not having sex with you.” I blurted.

He had reached out to take my hand but then he pulled it back real fast. “If I put that into your head at all, I’m sorry. I’m not trying to get you really drunk to have sex with you. Just to have a good time.” He said.

I let out a breath of relief. I was glad to hear that. I was more than a piece of ass. I was a person, who stood up for her rights. Hell yes.

“So would you like to go?” He asked when I didn’t say anything.

Why not? “Sure” I said.

He stuck his hand back out and this time I took it. “Your nose looks better.” I told him as he helped me to my feet.

He laughed. “God, I feel like such an idiot.” He said.

I laced our fingers together. I had expected him to pull away but to my surprise he didn’t.

“Don’t. It was sweet.” I told him.

He gave me hand a gentle squeeze. “Let’s go.” He said.

As we slipped down stairs we heard giggles and kiss noises. “What are they doing in there?” I asked.

Niall peeked his head in first. He made a weird sound that almost sounded like a laugh before he came back over to me. “You might want to close your eyes unless you want to see your friend topless.” He told me.

I gasped. “Are you serious?” I asked him. Dylan and I had been close friends for a long time but I had never really known her to do something like that.

Instead of answering my question her asked, “Would you like to see?”

I shook my head. “Well of course not.” I told him.

He grinned. “Well I didn’t think so.” He said.

We moved out of the house, to the back toward the boat house. Niall pulled out his cell phone to see the time.

“You don’t have a curfew, right?” He asked leading me to the door.

I shook my head. Unaware at first that he couldn’t see me. Then I answered with “No.”

He turned on the light outside the door and smiled. “Good.” He said.

We went inside and it was exactly what I expected it to be. A boat with a small deck around it.

“So where’s this so called stash?” I asked raising my eyebrows. I wanted to show him that I was gonna do this, and I was.

He smirked. “It’s over here. But it’s a small stash, though it will get us both drunk.” He promised.

I nodded. I had drank a couple of wine coolers with Dylan before but nothing like what Niall had pulled out in front of me. It was a 5th of Jack Daniels. It was, as what some people would call it hard liquor.

He sat on the edge of the deck crisscross. I sat next to him. “Is it gross?” I asked.

He opened it and offered it over to me. “Why don’t you take a drink and find out.” He told me.

I took it from him and took a huge swig. I coughed. More of it got on his shirt then down my throat.

He laughed at my attempt to drink it. “Ew, it is gross.” I said.