Before

Before

            I loved to draw. Doodles, sketches, it didn’t matter. I loved to do it.

            “Draw me like one of your French girls, Jack.” Niall teased posing on the beach like Rose did in Titanic.

            I reached over to grab a handful of sand throwing it at him. “Get the hell out of here.” I teased as he quickly dodged my blow.

            Niall ran over through the waves that were approaching the beach, laughing. His laugh was probably one of my favorite noises ever. It was hard not to smile when he laughed.

            I actually was drawing him. He just didn’t know it. I wanted to be a surprise.

            “Are you going to come have fun with me or not?” he asked while lying on the wet sand. His eyes were closed as he tried to make “sand angels”.

            I closed my sketch book and ran over to him jumping down on his chest. I leaned down and trailed kisses up and down his neck.

            “Oh can’t get enough of me can you?” he asked.

            I blushed and stood up. “Yes, actually I have.” I teased getting up and running away.

            It was the 4th of July. That’s why we mostly had the beach to ourselves, everybody was out doing other things.

            Niall was super excited though. He was all about learning American Culture. Especially when it included a lot of food.

            Mom said to be back by 1 and it was almost 12:15.

            He chased me around the beach before finally catching up to me. He scooped me up before throwing me in the water.

            “Niall!” I yelled as I came up.

            I stood up and Niall grabbed me by the hips. He leaned in and kissed me softly on the lips.

            “Well that’s too bad because I don’t think I’ll ever get enough of you.” He whispered.

*                      *                      *                      *                      *                      *                      *         

            “You look nice.” Niall said as I sat down on the edge of his lawn chair in my back yard.