Before

Before

            I guess you can say that Niall got on Google that night or in the car on his way home. By the time I got in my room after talking to my mom I had a text message. It was a number I didn’t know and it had said:

“Hey beautiful. Got it.  x”

            I had refused to text him back all day. That text had made me smile, but I wanted to make him scrim. I wanted to see what he would do.

            As I went to bed that night, I got a phone call. It didn’t surprise me to see that it was Niall. We talked for hours, until my phone went dead to be exact.

            I would always remember what he had said. “I’ve never met someone like you, Annabele. You’re special.”

            Yeah, it was typical for a guy to say but it meant more coming out of his mouth. It gave me butterflies.

            I had butterflies.

            Dylan was grounded for the week. That was how long I went without seeing Niall. I had the opportunity many times, but I was too scared to pursue it.

            We were all going to go do something. Niall said to bring a swimsuit so under my jean shorts and t-shirt I had on my blue bikini.

            Dylan came over; they were going to pick us up from my house. I admit, I had missed her. We usually spent every day with each other. It was weird but to us a week felt like a year.

            “So did you guys do anything?” She asked as I brushed my hair out of my face.

            I turned away from my mirror to look at her. “What do you mean?” I answered with a question.

            She snorted. “Don’t play dumb with me. We’re adults now. It’s normal to do it.” She told me.

            Then I understood what she meant. I blushed a dark shade of red. “No!” I yelled. Ugh, she was just so gross sometimes.

            She grinned, biting her lip. “Why not? Zayn and I did.” She admitted.

            Niall had told me that already but it still shocked me. “Why?” I blurted out quite rudely. I didn’t mean to sound like that; I wasn’t the one to judge someone.

            “Annabele!” Mom yelled from the ground floor before Dylan could answer me.

            I stepped into my flip flops while Dylan straightened out her sundress. “Do you think they’re here?” She asked, completely forgotten about what we were just talking about.

            I shrugged. “Maybe, but I think we would have heard Niall by now.” I teased.

            She laughed agreeing.

            I went down the stairs, her following. Proven wrong Niall stood in the kitchen talking to my mom with Zayn.

            Niall was making her blush and laugh. Honestly, I couldn’t remember the last time a man did that for her.

            He gave me an open mouth grin when he saw me. I had to smile back.

            “Hey, Belly.” Mom said using the stupid nickname she gave me when I was younger. I scowled.