Nashi Chapter 4

*Nashi’s POV*

“Keep your bugs to yourself, Aburame.” I mutter, instantly recognizing the clan technique he uses. Crushing the bug between my fingers, I feel the ink on my fingers absorb the blood from the mangled insect. He tilts his head at me, not showing surprise at the fact that I know about the insect-wielding clan of Konoha. Then again, I’m quite sure everyone does.

I had fought with a few Aburmane before, it wasn’t very easy nor pretty to win. Their bugs were highly deadly if they touched skin. I had learned that very quickly.

We return to sitting silently next to each other, observing the commotion in across the room with boredom. The girls had beaten up Naruto for stealing Sasuke’s first kiss, each lamenting that the stupid blonde had crushed their dreams of being the ravenette’s first. After the commotion dies down, Sakura sits herself down between Sasuke and Naruto, as happy as could be. I scoff quietly and face forward in my seat as Iruka walks in holding a clipboard.

“Today, you are now all official ninja! Now, I will be dividing you all up into groups of four, each group will be getting a jonin. These specifically chosen jonin will pass their intelligence and skills onto you, I won’t be your sensei anymore,” Iruka’s voice tinges with sadness despite the joyful words. “One team, however, will have four members.”

The tingling feeling of someone watching me travels down my spine as I space out. Iruka’s voice drones on, listing off the team number and members.

“Team Seven will be Uzumaki Naruto, Haruno Sakura ...” Upon hearing this, Naruto cheers while Sakura slumps in obvious depression.

“Uchiha Sasuke...” This time, the roles are switched as Sakura jumps joyfully, unable to conceal her excitement, and Naruto sits in dejection.

“... and also Umi Nashi .” Sakura glares at me as if to tell me to back off her Sasuke. I snort silently at her stupidity. As if I were a pathetic fangirl like her. Sasuke’s onyx eyes flicker my way, his eyes flaring in determination.

“Why does such a great ninja like me have to be stuck with him?” Naruto shouts, pointing an accusing finger at Sasuke. Sakura and Sasuke scowl at Naruto.

“Teams are set up to balance each other out, Naruto! Sasuke has one of the best scores in class, while you are placed dead last!” Iruka lectures, an anger vein pulsing on his forehead.

“Hn. Just don’t bring me down, loser,” Sasuke smirks arrogantly, causing most of the girls in the room to swoon at his voice. Naruto spazzes but is quickly silenced by Iruka. He shushes the obnoxious boy before finishing off the list of names.

“After lunch, you will all be meeting your new jonin sensei. You’re all dismissed!” Iruka says. I wait until the others leave before sliding out of the classroom, painfully aware of Iruka's penetrating gaze on my back.

As soon as I am sure that no one is in sight, I disappear in a swirl of crimson.

~*~

3rd POV

A group of Konoha jonin huddle around the Hokage, all of them staring into a cloudy glass ball on the table.

“This is the new batch of genin, eh?” one asks, smoking a cigar. The others murmur quietly, observing  the fresh graduates in the Academy through the ball. They watch in mild amusement as the swarm of girls surrounding a dark-haired boy grows larger and larger.

“That’s the only Uchiha survivor, Sasuke,” the Hokage muses. A certain silver-haired jonin watching the chaos unfold shudders as if sharing the pain Sasuke is experiencing. The crystal ball pans out as one adventurous blonde girl reaches out to touch the mask of the genin next to the harassed Uchiha.

“Who’s that, Hokage-sama?” a red-eyed kunoichi asks politely, feeling uneasey surrounded by her seniors. “The one with the mask and cloak.”

“Ah... That’s Umi Nashi,” the Hokage replies giving no further commentation. The others mumble in confusion. Umi? They had never heard of such a clan. All of the jonin watch in admiration as the cloaked figure quickly springs up and traps the girl’s wandering hand on the table.

“Surely this student is not just a genin?” the silver-haired ninja suggests, his only visible eye flashing with interest. “A fresh graduate should not be able to move that fast.” They hear the screams of pain from the girl, but can’t quite catch the low tone of her classmate.

“Nashi-san is a special one,” the Hokage replies airily. The others trade confused expressions. “I have set Nashi-san up with you, Kakashi, I think Nashi-san will fit right in with the others.”

The silverette nods, not questioning the Hokage’s decision, “As you wish, Hokage-sama.” The crystal ball shifts again and focuses on a blonde boy who is currantly in a lip-lock with the Uchiha.

“Is that the Nine-Tail?” one of the jonin asks with a hint of distaste in his question.

“Ah, yes. Uzumaki Naruto.” Chatter arises once again before ebbing as the Hokage waves a hand. “You all know which team you are leading. Dismissed.” The jonin all bow respectfully towards the Hokage before transporting out of the room.

 ~*~

Sorry, kinda short...

Vote & Comment~