Nashi Chapter 18

*Nashi's POV*

After a few moments, a slowly flip the paper and pick up the pencil. Skimming the test questions, I frown. Strange how these are high level questions that a normal genin should not know. I inconspicuously peer up at Ibiki’s face. He stares straight down at me, personally watching me for any signs of foul play. I resist the urge to bang my head on the table.

Closing my eyes, I take a minute to go over the rules of the test. Ibiki had specifically mentioned the harsh punishments of cheating. In fact, he seemed to emphasize it a little to dramatically. Paired with the difficult questions and the foreign face from before... My eyes fly open in realization. That sneaky bastard, he wants us to cheat.

I press my mask against the tabletop, swallowing a groan. Cheating requires work, something I am not willing to do at the moment. Ibiki eyes my movements suspiciously, but doesn’t notice as I pierce my thumb with the pencil. I make sure to keep my actions minimalistic as possible underneath the table.   

Fashioning my blood into an extremely thin needle, I swiftly flick it at the leg of the ninja next to me. It is so thin that he didn’t even realize that it pierces his leg. Manipulating my blood, I pull the needle back out of his leg again. This time, it carries the required information I need to pass the test without actually having to solve it myself.

I press my bleeding finger onto the paper, much to the jonin’s confusion. His eyes widen as the answers gradually appear on the paper in dark red ink. With a satisfied smirk, I lean back, taking advantage of the quiet, and meditate.

It doesn’t remain silent for long as the chunin situated around the room begin to call out names of cheaters, expelling them and their teammates from the exams.  

~*~

I watch suspiciously as Kankuro leaves with the chunin that has no life source. Ibiki watches them carefully as well, before smirking smugly to himself.

“Alright! I will now tell you the tenth and final question.” he announces, checking the clock. Just as he says this, Kankuro comes back into the room with a comfortable grin stretched across his painted face.

“Oh, you made it back just in time. I hope your trip was... useful...” Ibiki smirks knowingly at Kankuro. The Suna nin tenses before quickly scampering back to his seat. “These are the rules for the tenth question. Listen up! I don’t like repeating myself.” He goes on and on once more, but I don’t pay attention... again.

I jolt back to reality as Naruto slams his hands on the table. He screams a bunch of gibberish that have no meaning to me. Probably because I don’t know what’s going on.

Looking around, I notice that almost half of the genin are missing. The remaining have frightened faces, well at least most. After Naruto garbles some more unintelligible words, everyone looks significantly calmer and braver.

Ibiki smirks. “Well, you all... PASS!”

A woman wearing a trench coat crashes through the window, shards of glass scattering everywhere. The genin in the first couple rows cower behind their desks. I sit there, unmoving as sharp pieces of the window whizz past. Ibiki, who doesn’t flinch either shoots me a slightly admiring glance.

“No time to for relaxing! I am Mitarashi Anko! Your second proctor!” the kunoichi yells, holding up a banner with kanji on it. Her name piques my interest. Anko... The one cursed by Orochimaru if I remember correctly. I stare at her in deep thought.

“You’re early again...” Ibiki informs Anko. She blinks, taking in the sea of expectant faces.

“Why are there so many of them left?!” Anko jeers. “I think you’re getting soft, Ibiki.