Old Memories

Ivy was back at school hating every second of it as usually. Cyrus was nowhere he hasn't been at school for awhile he won't even answer the door for Roxy. Ivy wants to know if he is getting better but she knows his parents won't tell her. She thinks back to all her old memories with Cyrus and how they couldn't be separated but with his depression they haven't talked at all. Ivy walks slowly to class not caring if she is late she can just make some sorry excuse that they will believe because she has never been in trouble before. She makes it right when the bell rings and sits in her seat.
The teacher yammers on about something unimportant and Ivy slowly drifts into sleep. She dreams of the time her and Cyrus went into the woods behind her house and they saw a stray dog.
"Ivy look is that a dog?" Cyrus sounds curious Ivy being herself slowly approaches the dog. "Ivy that doesn't really seem like a good idea what if it tries to hurt you." Cyrus stammers and whines a little concerned for his friend.
Ivy giggles and responds "it will be worth it." She keeps walking and Cyrus follows behind snapping twigs under his feet. "Could you be any louder big foot?" Ivy states in annoyance with a little glare. He mouths the word "sorry" and they continue on Cyrus slows down as they get closer.
"V I think we are close enough to the dog maybe we can just watch it from afar." He is getting scared and he slowly backs up but Ivy continues forward.
"Stop being scared Cy it's just a dog. If you don't want to go further than stay here and I'll keep going." He huffs and sits on the cold ground and waves his hand forward so she knows she can go on. Ivy begins to whistle and the dog turns toward her she whistles again and pats her thighs. "Cyrus hand me a stick." He tosses her a stick he doesn't feel like arguing. Ivy chucks the stick as far as she can and the dog walks toward the stick.
"Ivy you had your fun can we go now?" Cyrus is getting impatient "you do not have to rescue every dog that you see." Cyrus looks out and Ivy is petting the dog she throws the stick again and it chases it. Cyrus sighs and stands up the dog comes barreling back and jumps on him he lets out a small scream the dog licks his face we wiggles around trying to avoid its sloppy tongue. Ivy is laughing so hard that she is on the ground clutching her stomach and gasping for air.
In between breaths she calls the dog "come *gasps* here boy*gasp*." She keeps laughing as the dog prances over to her. Cyrus stands up brushing the dirt and grass off of him and wiping his drool covered face. He begins to turn around but he hears the dog cry and turns to see both Ivy and the dog making puppy faces.
"Ivy and Fido please stop with the puppy faces." Ivy keeps the face the dog slowly wiggles his way towards Cyrus and he shakes his head. "That won't work on me buddy."
Before the dream can finish Ivy wakes to the bell and quickly leaves the class before she can get yelled at.