The Walk With Zack

Ivy awoke to her mom yelling that a boy was here for her she thought it was Cyrus so she ran downstairs in her PJ's thinking yesterday was all a dream. She hit the last stair and Zack was there wearing a blue button up shirt and black jeans. She blushed and backed up behind the stair wall.
"Hey I wanted to see if you wanted to walk to the library with me." He said with a huge smile plastered across his face.
"Of course I'll go just let me get dressed." She ran up to her room not even waiting for an answer and grabbed a half sleeve shirt and slipped on a pair of jeans. She grabbed a pair of flats and brushed her braid out leaving her hair curly. Ivy slowly walked down the stairs Zack thought everything was in slow motion. "I'm ready." She smiled and her mom handed her the library card as Ivy walked out the door.
"You look great." Zack spoke with such a loving voice it made all of Ivy's pain from yesterday fades. "Also your not wearing make-up so its a plus." She laughed with uncertainty but didn't want to say anything. "Don't give me that laugh that is the laugh of disagreement and I don't play those games." She laughed and so did he. They walked in a very awkward silence for a minute then Ivy spoke up
"So how did you know I like books?" She questioned him
"Well you have your face in one all the time so it was just a wild guess." He half smirks and turns toward Ivy his hands in his pocket.
"Very good wild guess." She walks towards him and bumps him off the sidewalk laughing he pulls his hands from his pockets Ivy starts running and he chases her, once he catches her he picks her up and throws her over his shoulder.
"Let me go." Ivy laughs so hard she can barely breathe she tries to wiggle away but Zack is holding her to tight.
"There is no escape." He chuckles and sets her on her feet, well tries to anyway he forgot all about her 5 foot 2 inch structure and his 6 foot structure. When he tries to set her down he is still holding her. They both start laughing so hard that they cry. Zack lowers Ivy to her feet and they stare at each other for a long time. The library could be seen from the corner of Ivy's eye.
"Last one there is a rotten egg!" She runs as fast as she can but Zack has longer strides and beats her there. "That's cheating." She giggles and they both walk through the door.