Chapter 8

SM's P.O.V.

"I draw when I'm upset, bored, or happy. I first started drawing when my brother disappeared." She has a brother? I sure hope he's not a rival to us. "I was a complete disaster. Anyways I sat at this window every night waiting for him to come home. One night someone had locked the door to the room." She says taking a pause to keep herself from tearing up. "I was so upset because that window felt like one of the only things I had left of him. So I drew the window in a note book. This guy that was at the orphanage with me, named Chris, saw what I did and stole the sketch book for me. He was like my second brother when Josh was gone." I feel sorry for her. I mean i know she was at an orphanage before this but still. And the Chris guy keeps trying to find her so we have to keep her inside the house. But she doesn't know that.

She put the book in between us showing me the first page with the notebook paper taped in it. "I've drawn so any things in here, most are sad ones but there are some happy ones too. Some of them are confusing, I'll admit that. But just look at them and you'll see that you don't cause me pain at all." She shuts the book setting it in my lap. I place my hands on hers and looks up at her. Her gray-blue eyes sparkled when she smiled making wrinkles by her eyes. I've seen those eyes do that before but I don't remember from where.

She had a soft smile on. I wish I could kiss that smile. To have her be mine. To mark her so no body else can have her. So there wouldn't be another Matt incident. I didn't even realize I was smiling. Thinking of her being mine just made my wolf want to howl at a full moon.

Her face went as red as a rose. It's cute seeing how easy it is to make her blush. She lays her head on my shoulder making sparks run across my body. I want to just hold her and never let her go. So that she couldn't get lost; so that she wouldn't trip on her own feet with being the klutz that she is.

She gets up heading to the door. "I'm gonna go find alfa, see you later." She says winking at me. She turns around shutting the door behind her. I can feel my wolf wine and whimper to get out. I hold it back so that she wouldn't freak out. I need to control myself. It's hard this has never happen to me before.

I'm not sure what to do; I mean my wolf wants her but I don't know if she's my mate or not. And I don't want to just go throw my heart out to just anybody. My wolf needs to go ahead and tell me if she is my mate or not. I don't even know what my wolf is going to do. Is it just going to come out and say "Yepp she's the one" or what.

I sit there a little longer staring at the black book in front of me. It's thick, kinda heavy but sturdy. There's little doodles on the cover; circles, hearts, swirls, block letters. It's cool looking.

I open the book to the first page and at the picture of the window. It really is good. It's like someone took it's picture in black and white and printed it.

I flipped it to the next page, there's a mouth. Only a mouth. The teeth have braces and there's a wire crossing from the top and bottom. Like the thing people that brake their jaw would wear. The lips are full and have pretty curve to it but the bottom lip was split and bleeding. There was a date on it 2 14 '10. Most likely February 14th 2010. Wait February 14 is Valentines day. It didn't make much sense. I'll have to ask her about it later.

I keep going through the book. There a picture of a teddy bear. It's bright and happy looking. There are a few houses and the edges or outside of the houses are dark. These might be some of the sad ones. There's a drawing of a skate board.It's pretty good the only bad part about it is that there's a thick, dark line through the center of it. Samm loves her skate board. We got her one that we found at a yard sale and put new wheels and a new truck on it. She was happier than a cat with catnip.

Another page had color on it. It was a pair of eyes. Not human eyes but dog like eyes. They were bright blue. The background of the eyes was black giving it a mysterious, haunting feeling.