Chapter one

The game was amazing. Aubrey and I were there as usual cheering for our brother, Eric. Yes, my brother is Eric Hosmer, first baseman for the Kansas City Royals.

I told Aubrey I was going to get some food for us and she nodded at me like she always does. She was all I had before Eric's parents adopted us at 7.

I started walking up the stairs towards
the concessions when the kiss cam came onto the jumbo screen. No couples really stood out for me except for one. There had just been a different girl sitting next to him. Whenever she left, the girl sitting to the other side of him went into a passionate kiss.  Soon the sweet, loving, girl came back and went after him for it. She was his girlfriend and I felt really bad. Maybe this was the reason Eric didn't want me dating anyone.

I went around the stadium looking for things to eat. Then the crazy thing happened again. When a girl is the sister of a famous baseball player, boys are all over them. After a minute of being out there, at least nine boys had checked me out, a few boys said, " damn", and then there was Hays. The boy that comes to every home game because is in love with Aubrey and I. Our conversation started like this:

"What do you want Hays?" I ask.

"What do you think I want?" Hays said as smooth as he could.

"Aubrey and I ARE NOT ever in your dreams going to date you!"

"No. I didn't say that. I know I never will have a chance with you. But before you run off..."

He kissed me on the cheek than ran off saying, "Yes!" Good thing Eric didn't see that, he would've killed me.