Chapter 4

I woke up around 9:50 that morning, but I was still tired. I didn't dare wake Aubrey or else she would be in a bad mood rest of the day. Very quietly, I open the door to the entertainment room and go out as fast as I can. Eric was probably heading to morning practice so that meant I could some time without him wanting to talk to me or anything. I went down the stairs into the living room to find something that was worth waking Aubrey up. There was a girl sleeping on living room couch.

I ran back up the stairs, woke Aubrey up, told her about the girl, and then ran down the stairs to show Aubrey. Aubrey sort of freaked out, and I told her to keep her shit together. She didn't.

Aubrey ran and hid behind one of recliners, so that meant that I had to go hide with. I must of made some noise on the way over to the recliner because the girl on the couch woke up.

"Oh, crap." I muttered.

All of the sudden, the girl screamed which caused Aubrey and I to scream. When the screaming was finally over, she asked us who we were.

"I'm Aubrey and this is Mallory. We're Eric Hosmer's sisters." Aubrey said very proudly.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I'm Emmy." The girl said in an innocent voice. She soon started telling us about the day before when her life became a mess.

"Hey, but you met our brother!" Said Aubrey in a cheerful voice. I knew she was overwhelmed then. She was in the house of a famous baseball player.

Then Emmy asked if we wanted her to make pancakes. We said yes because pancakes aren't something we usually eat. While she was making the pancakes I decided to ask the question.

"Are you and Eric...Um...Dating?"

"No. Well, not that I'm aware of."

"Oh. Ok." I said in a sad voice.

"What's wrong Mallory?"

"It's just that you're the nicest girl Eric's brought here." She blushed. All of the sudden, Eric walked into the house with his duffel bag. He tossed over by the stairs, and then he came into kitchen. I saw that Emmy was trying to clean herself up before he saw her. Too late. He came in and asked if Emmy wanted she wanted him to take her back to her car.

After breakfast, Eric took Emmy back to her car. I knew that we were going to see a lot more of her.