Chapter 18

After breakfast, Emmie asked if we would like to go the mall with her. Aubrey and I screamed, "YES" in unison and then we ran upstairs to get ready. I threw on one of my many K-state shirts, my favorite jeans, and my silver ballet flats. I ran back downstairs to find Aubrey wearing a KU shirt. Typical Aubrey. We rolled our eyes at each other then started laughing.

Emmie rode with us to the mall in our blue Jeep. We told her about the concert we had been to the night before. It turned out that Emmie loved Aerosmith like Aubrey and I, so we turned on our "Aerosmith Greatest Hits" CD in the car and started rocking. The first song that came on was "Dream On" and we all sung and acted dramatic. Soon we pulled into the parking lot of Oak Park Mall. Aubrey and I jumped out of the Jeep and ran toward the mall. We went through every store, and we gave little hints to Emmie of what we wanted for our birthday. We ate at Noodles & Company for lunch then got back in the Jeep.

"Do you two want to go anywhere else?"

"Hobby Lobby!" I yelled excitedly.

"Calm down tiger." Aubrey told me.

"Why Hobby Lobby?" Emmie asked.

"I need more paint." I replied.

"Mallory, can't you go by yourself some other time. Every time we go to Hobby Lobby, we're in there for like 2 to 3 hours." Aubrey said in a frustrated tone.

"I would like to Hobby Lobby." Emmie said innocently.

"Two to the one bud. We win! BOOM!" I said wildly. I drove the Jeep to Hobby Lobby and leaped out of the vehicle. Emmie and Aubrey tagged along not far behind me. I got inside and ran to the nearest isle with my shopping cart. I walked down the isle slowly.

"See, it takes her five minutes to go down one isle, Emmie; ONE ISLE!" Aubrey said angrily to Emmie.

"I'm sure it's not that long." Emmie told her.

"Trust me. It is." Aubrey shot back. After two and a half hours of walking through Hobby Lobby, I finally was ready to go. Aubrey and Emmie looked exhausted, but I was still full of energy. I had gotten the paints I had needed, some ribbon, some pom poms that you hang from your ceiling, and some backing supplies.

We got into our Jeep and headed home. They fell asleep so I turned on the radio to listen to my classic rock. It was great to have people like Emmie and Aubrey to hang out with.