Chapter 27

I turned to around to find Emmy running towards us.

"I thought you two didn't like Eric's girlfriends; pulling him away from you and getting all of his attention," she said almost out of breath.

"You're different than all of the other girls Eric's dated. Why would we be helping him if we didn't like you," Aubrey said.

"We have to go. Eric says he wants us to come home," I said as my phone buzzed. We walked away and as looked back, I saw a sad, defeated looking girl standing in the entrance of Panera.

We went home and I ran to Eric once we got inside.

"We found her. She was at the mall eating breakfast," I told him.

"Well... What did you say to her," he asked.

"It could matter less what we told her. At this point, she has a lot to think about. She can either believe the scenario that was going through her head before we saw her this morning, or she can believe what we told her," Aubrey said.

"We care about her just as much as you do, Eric, but she needs some time to think this through," I said trying to comfort him. "By the way, you can't be in a mood like this at this time of year. Opening day at Kauffman is just a week away."

"You're right Mal. I shouldn't let this bring me down," he said. Aubrey and I soon headed to our rooms. We needed to do something with Eric to make him feel better. Aubs and I started brainstorming ideas for what we could do for him. Nothing came up at first. Then I ran out of my room towards my sister's room with an idea. She thought it was a great idea. We ran downstairs to find Eric on the couch watching ESPN.

"Where are you two going in such a hurry," he asked.

"We're going to take you shopping. Now let's go Eric," Aubrey said bouncing up and down.

"Um, not this time girls. You two can go to target and I'll stay right here," Eric said laughing.

"It's not that type of shopping, Eric. This time we're going where you want to go," I said excitedly.

"Well in that case, let's go," Eric said as he jumped off the couch and headed to the door. "Mind if I drive the Jeep this time, girls?"

"Go right ahead," I said as we followed him out the door."