Chapter 25

I woke up at around 8am to find that I had passed out on the entertainment room couch. I got up and slowly headed down to the kitchen. I went and made coffee, which is something Emmy normally does. The coffee alone was to bitter for me, so I got some creamer out of the refrigerator. I had no idea how long I had stayed up last night playing the X-box, but all I knew is that I was tired.

Next, I made some breakfast. I decided I was going to make crepes, so I started getting out all the things you could put into them. Eric walked into the kitchen a little bit after I had started cooking.

"You made coffee?" He asked tiredly.

"Yes. I felt like drinking some this morning." That was sort of a lie. The coffee was still sort of bitter but I didn't want to go and put more creamer in it. I mainly did it because this was usually Emmy's job. "Do you have a fresh mind ready for today?"

"I think so. I slept sort of fine considering how much I did yesterday."

"So, you have any idea where Emmy is?"

"No."

"I'm sure she hasn't traveled far."

"Well, look where you got in about 4 hours. Face it Mallory, she could be anywhere." Just then Aubrey walked in already dressed and she looked like she was in a bubbly mood.

"So, when do we start?" She asked trying to contain her excitement. I don't even know why she's so excited.

"After we eat breakfast and Mallory and I change out of our pajamas." Eric said.

"Woo hoo! Let's go team Hoz!!!" She yelled ecstatically. Eric looked over at me and the expression on his face read, "what happened to her last night?" He almost looked a little scared.

"Sorry. I'm just really excited that we get to do this together!" She said a little calmer.

I finished making the crepes and we ate quickly. I ran upstairs, got changed, and ran back downstairs. Aubrey was on the living room couch vegging out watching the news. It had something to do with sports. It was random. I said yelled "boo," and she jumped right off the couch.

"What was that for?" She asked.

"Oh, you're ok. Are you ready to start looking?"

"Um...YES!"

"Let's go then." I yelled to Eric that we were going to start looking, but by the time I got out to the Jeep, I knew that I had no idea where to look for her. Aubrey was already on her phone, trying to call Emmy's cell phone. Eric had already tried that, but it was worth a shot. Aubrey's first idea was to go to the mall. I didn't think that was a half bad idea. We went across town and finally arrived at the mall. Aubrey called Eric, telling him where we were going to look. He thought it was sort of a good idea. We scouted the whole almost the whole mall, and we hadn't had very much luck; finding Emmy that is. We'd had plenty of luck finding things that we found at the stores we went into.

We finally ventured to the side of the mall where Barnes and Noble was. On the way to the bookstore, there was a Panera Bread. I looked inside briefly; someone catching my eye. I found her. I grabbed Aubrey's hand and flew into the restaurant.