Chapter 31

I watched the rest of the game; thinking about Julius most of the time. I didn't mean to get mad at him. I guess mad wasn't the word I was looking for. It was more like disappointed. I sat through what was left of the game without Aubrey or Meg questioning me of what happened up there. Finally the game came to a close. The Royals won 4 to 3 against the New York Mets. Eric did a good job out there for his first 2016 regular season game. Aubrey, Meg, and I waited for Eric like we usually did, even though we had our own vehicle. There was no sign of Julius, which made me upset because I wanted to apologize to him for getting frustrated him. Eric came up to us after awhile.

"You girls could've went home," he said.

"It just feels right to stand here waiting for you," I told him.

"You can go home now. I still need to shower," he said.

We went out to the Jeep and dropped off Meg at her house before we headed home to our house. I ran upstairs and took a shower. When I got out of the bathroom and went into my bedroom, I noticed that someone had texted me. I knew who it probably was. I got dressed in my pajamas and went over to my phone. Julius texted me.

Julius: "Hey Mallory, I'm really sorry about tonight. I shouldn't have got in that fight with Hays. I understand that you thought you had it taken care of, but I guess I got a little protective. I hope you can forgive me for my actions."

Protective? The last time a boy was protective of me, he liked me. That means... Julius likes me! I started to freak out a little. I decided to text him back.

Me: "What you did tonight is something not many other boys would do for me. I'm sorry for getting frustrated with you. I know that you were standing up for me and I really appreciate that."

Julius: "It's ok that you got frustrated. The thing that really set me off was that he had bugging you for 4 years, and you couldn't get him to stop."

Me: "Besides that incident with you and Hays, I thought tonight was great."

Julius: "Yeah, it was pretty great. I think my favorite part was hanging out with you."

Me: "Maybe we can hang out again sometime soon, but for now, I'm going to sleep. Goodnight."

Julius: "Goodnight Mallory. Sleep well."

I read his text, smiled, and then fell soundly asleep.