Chapter 11

It had been a while since the Royals won the World Series and now Emmy was going to move in with us. I was so happy that her and Eric were still together. Plus, Eric had finally okayed our boyfriends. This life was perfect; nothing could ruin it.

Eric took Emmy home that night so she could start packing up her stuff in her current house. Aubrey and I went to the art room. We painted canvases for our rooms then went to the kitchen to make cookies. I wanted to make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies while Aubrey wanted to make snickerdoodles. We ended up making regular chocolate chip cookies.

"I wish we could do this all the time," Aubrey said as she bit into a warm cookie.

"I know right. Too bad we can't," I told her.

"I'm getting tired. Should we start cleaning up?"

"Yeah." We cleaned the counter and the dishes then went up to our rooms. We hugged each other and after that, went into our rooms. I loved having Aubrey as my sister; even if we did have to share things. I was about to fall asleep when she came into my room.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Eric said he was going to be a while before he got home."

"Where are you going with this?"

"Do you want to go get your nails done with Perez?"

"Yes!!"

"I just called him a few minutes ago. He's going to meet us at the nail salon." We jumped into the Jeep and left the house. This was going to an interesting night.

We pulled into the nail salon driveway to find that Salvador was already there trying to figure out which color he should get. I knew he would up picking neon pink or royal blue. I knew I was getting royal blue and Aubrey said she was getting fuchsia. We sat down and talked to him.

"So, how are Emmy and Eric doing?" Salvador asked.

"Great! Hey, thanks for meeting up with us tonight." I replied.

"Yep. I was wondering if after our nails are done getting worked on, we could go get ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery."

"Yes. Yes! YES!" Aubrey screamed. After a half hour of getting our nails done. We headed to the Cold Stone Creamery at Legends in Kansas City. I got my usual, (cookie dough't you want some) and Aubrey got plain cotton candy ice cream. Salvador was like a brother to us. Don't get me wrong, the other players on the team were like our brothers too, but Salvador was one of the closest to us. We finished up our ice cream and walked outside. Then Aubrey bumped into someone while we were about to leave.

"You?" The person asked in a bratty voice.

"You!" Aubrey said in a disgusted voice.