Chapter 15

They got cats. That's where they had been. I stood there in awe until Eric told both Aubrey and I to close our mouths. Then we started flipping out.

"Why didn't you take us with you!" Aubrey asked.

"If we would've taken you two with us, all of the cats at the adoption center would be in this house right now." Eric replied.

"Well, can we at least help you name them?" I asked.

"Sure." Emmy said sweetly.

We played with the cats all night. One of them was a playful Siamese kitten and the other was a fat, lazy, orange cat. By the end of the night, we had the kitten following us wherever we went.

I woke up the next morning to the sound of Eric yelling. When I could finally make out the words, I knew he was yelling at the old, orange cat. I could tell from the start that the cat didn't like Eric. Thanks to my great snooping skills, I could make out that the cat had peed on his boxers. I started to giggle. Life with Emmy around just keeps getting funnier and funnier.

I finally got out of my bed to see that Aubrey was peeking through the door. I stare at her for a second and then I go back to my Saturday morning routine.

She then opened the door and started jumping around the room.

"Did you get ahold of some coffee again?" I asked worriedly.

"No! Guess again!" She said joyfully.

"Um, we get to go to the stadium?"

"What? No!"

"Did Emmy make French toast?"

"No! You're horrible at this game! It has something to do with a boy."

"They're making another Captain America movie? I knew it!"

"Ok, now you're just trying to make me mad."

"Aubrey. Just tell me."

"I get to go to the Aerosmith concert tonight!"

"What? That's no fair!"

"You're coming too!"

"Wait, what?"

"Yes silly. You are coming with me to the concert!" I started to smile and then we both let out a high-pitched squeal. Then we heard Eric yell, "shut up." We stopped squealing and then started bursting out in laughter. Tonight was going to be awesome.