Chapter 5

When Eric came back, he asked us what we wanted him to do for us since he hadn't taken us home the night before. We knew the perfect way to make him think twice about leaving us at Kaufman.

"Eric, you have to come shopping with us at Target." I say to him trying not to laugh. Whenever we want to Target, Eric will drop us off at the entrance and than go to sporting stores. This time is was going to be different. He nodded his head slowly and I knew in his mind he was thinking, "This is what I get for not being there for them." We all headed out to the car and drove off to Target, and on the way there, we talked about the game.

"Be honest, how do you think I did last night?" He asked.

"I think you did really good." Aubrey replied.

"Eric, you hit a home run and you had two RBIs! I can't see why your so upset about last night." I said confidently.

"Thanks girls. You're always here to support me." He said in a happier voice.

Soon we arrived at Aubrey and I's favorite place to shop: Super Target! We literally ran into the store with Eric trailing behind. He knew we were going to embarrass the crap out of him. He grabbed us a cart and followed us around.

"What exactly do you need here?" He asked in a scared voice.

"Well, Mallory wants some new markers, we want to get some Halloween decorations, marshmallows, clothes, and I want to look at the technology section." Aubrey said happily.

"I also want to look for classic rock CDs." I added in.

"Of course you do. She probably looking for the Apatite for Destruction Album by Guns n Roses." Aubrey said in a sarcastic tone.

"I actually am." I replied proudly.

We went through Target and every lady we went by was checking our brother out. One lady actually can over to me and asked, "Is that Eric Hosmer?" I replied with a maybe. She flipped out and than ran off to tell her friends. Apparently she had a lot friends with her. 13 other girls were there, all over Eric. We hurried around the store after that, getting all the stuff we needed. That was the shortest trip to Target that Aubrey and I had ever went on.

After that, we went to Noodles & Company to eat lunch. Aubrey and I ate casually while Eric ate awkwardly. Everybody was staring at us. I didn't care because I was hungry.

Later, Eric said he wanted to take us somewhere. We said sure because we didn't have anything better to do. We soon pull into the Jeep dealership.

"What are we doing here Eric?" I asked

"A while back after you girls got your driving licenses, I wanted to get you a car." He replied. The suspense was killing me. "About a month ago, I came in here to get a vehicle customized for you two."

We got out of the car, and a garage door opened to reveal a four door, blue Jeep Rubicon with KC Royals symbols on it. Aubrey and I started crying and then run over to give Eric a big, long hug.

"Thank you." I whispered.