Chapter Seven

Harry

The drive to Ikea was painfully brutal. There was a deepened silence and all of the radio stations were playing all types of shitty music, except a few songs here from there. Arabella just stared out the window, and Niall was just fiddling on his phone the whole time.I don't doubt that he was probably texting this new girl he met earlier this month named... I think, Olivia?

"I hate this store," Niall groans, tucking his phone into his pocket and grabbing a cart. "my ex used to always bring me here for her interior  decor."

I sigh, rolling my eyes and grabbing a flyer on a nearby rack. "Stop whining. You were the one who wanted to come here."

I watch as Arabella lazily glides in front of us, feeling the texture of a fluffy blanket on a shelf. "I've never been here."

"I guess you guys never did get out, did you?" Niall questions, his eyebrows arching in response as he pushes the cart.

"Never. They were strict on everything. Curfew, socialization, and so on."

"Sounds like boot camp," Niall says towards her, as she nods her head up and down in agreement. "Well I think this is mainly just decor and furniture."

"Exactly," I say along, following wherever my daughter was going. "Is there a certain style you have?"

"Hmm...not really," she says clearly, adverting into a different direction. "I don't really get out much."

I grin, thinking of any steady way to assess the question. "Do you like bands?"

"Absolutely," she gleams, her eyes growing in amazement. "Especially Nirvana."

"They're not that bad. Just a little basic I suppose, " Niall says, rising towards the top shelf, while pointing towards a small desk area. "Desk?"

"Get whatever you think will make your room look nice," I say to her sweetly. Arabella's head bobs up and down excitedly and she hurries away, just like a kid in a candy store. I can't even help but smile at her cute little figure running around the aisles and looking at every single thing she sees.

Niall nudges me with his shoulder. "She's cute."

I nod, "The cutest."

She is. She really is the cutest, prettiest, most beautiful girl in the world. Then again, I'm her father. I'm suppose to feel that way about her.

Arabella

Harry ordered some Chinese food while Niall helped me set up my new room after shopping. We decided after we were shopping for two pain-staking hours, that we were going to give ourselves a reward by getting something delivered instead of going to pick it up.

"Can you pass me the screws please?" Niall kindly asks, gesturing towards the small tub behind me filled with all sorts of tools and such. I nod, reaching over to hand it to him while turning back to my instructions. "Thanks."

"Can I ask you something?" I say, rising to my tiptoes to attempt to reach the top shelf of my closet, taking all of my clothes and placing them on the floor to fix the rod propping them up. "If you don't mind."

"Of course, sweetheart."

"How are Harry and Ashley... like in their relationship?" I question, picking my clothes and starting to put them on my hangers. "Like ever since you've known them...together?" I remove the paint cans from the in front of the door towards the hallway, where all of my furniture boxes were sat.