Chapter Fourteen

-Harry-

I give her a comforting smile, while taking one of the suitcases from the trunk of the car and handing her her own suitcase.

I lock the car and lift up the handle, giving me a full advantage to control the wheels of it and where it goes.

"You okay?" I say, carefully glancing at her quivering lip, and wanting nothing more than for mine to be pressed against them. "I have an extra coat if you want, until we get to the room."

"I-I'm fine," she stutters, the bitterness of the weather making her shake. "Thanks t-though."

I frown, straightening out my other layer of a coat, taking it off and balancing it on her shoulders. "I don't believe you."

"T-thanks," she responds while blinking rapidly, totally ignoring my statement, her eyes growing redder by the second by the brisk and windy weather. "I just get cold easily."

"Come here," I motion to her, as she nears me, whilst I examine her. I pull her into a large bear hug as I tower over her, rubbing my hand on her back. "Is everything okay, bel?"

I have to repeat the question because I have a hard time believing her. The words say one thing, but her reactions and responses say another.

"I'm fine," she verifies. "Everything's well."

I bite my lip, wondering what there is that she's hiding from me. "You sure?"

She confirms with a nod, giving me a weak smile as she pulls away. "We should start walking before we get hypothermia."

"Yeah," I say with a large breath leaving my lips. I just want her out of the cold and in the warmth of our shared hotel room. I'll put on a movie or something, lay down with her, or maybe find out what's wrong. "We should."

As I lift up my suitcase and start to wheel it along beside me, she trails a little back behind from me. I notice it and soon all of my worries have expressed themselves in my actions.

She's staring down at her feet as we walk, and I pause in my tracks so she can meet up to me. I stop her suddenly for a second, fumbling to find her hand and to lace it with mine, assuming that it would make her feel more comfortable, but all I see is still a frown written on her pretty face and luminous lips.

"We have to walk a whole half a block in the pouring rain," I moan, in attempt to make small talk, irritated by everything at this moment. Everything except her. "Stupid motel."

"This sucks," she mumbles, glancing up at the sky. "Do you know the name of the motel?"

"All Siri said was that it was in a few feet," I say while gritting my teeth while trying the refuse the coldness. "Sorry I can't answer that yet. Hopefully we find a sign or something to tell us."

Arabella nodded, her face switching between trembling and grimacing. "I'm freezing."

I smile lovingly, hoping to make her feel a bit better. "I know baby. We'll get into the warm room in just a little bit," I assure my little girl.

"I like it when you call me baby."

I finally got something out of her.

"Really?" I could feel my cheeks getting warm, even in negative degree weather.

Arabella let out a small fit of giggles, "Yeah. It makes me feel nice."

"Nice as in horny or nice as in 'you get the warm fuzzies'?" I ask, half joking, half serious.

"Is everything about sex with you?" my teenager teases.