Ch. 11 - crossing boundaries

I woke up the next morning to an unfamiliar room. I tried to push myself off of the bed, but was immediately snapped back onto the bed. I looked down and noticed a large warm arm wrapped around my waist and a warm body pressed against mine in a spooning position.

"Chase." I whispered in a sing song voice.

"What?" He groaned.

"You gotta get up babe." I whispered.

"No!" He said boldly.

"Yes." I smirked.

"No." He repeated.

"If you don't get up right now then," I had to pause to think.

"Then what?" He grinned, opening his eyes so he could see me.

"Then i won't touch you for the rest of my life! As in no hugs, kisses, not even a hand shake!" I said satisfied with my answer.

"You can't go that long without touching me." He said, snuggling his face into the crook of my neck.

"Wanna bet?" I giggled.

"No. That's one bet I won't even risk." He kissed my jawline all the way to my ear-lobe.

"Chase." I moaned when he found me sweet spot.

"Hm?" He hummed.

"I h-have to go home." I sighed.

"Why?" He asked, looking into my eyes with concern.

"I have to bake for my cousins birthday today. Then I have to go to my piano lessons." I pouted.

"Can't you cancel?" He pleaded.

"No!" I laughed, slapping his chest playfully.

"Fine." He groaned.

Once we pulled up in front of my house, I forced Chase to come inside and help me bake.

"Go ahead in the kitchen while I get change out of this." I smiled as we parted ways.

I quickly ran upstairs and into my room until I was in my closet. I slung off my dress in exchange for my light yellow 'TALK NERDY TO ME' t-shirt and my black jean short-shorts. I then slipped into my black sandals an straightened my hair.

Once done, I quietly crept down the stairs since I didn't know if anyone was awake or not. When I entered the kitchen, I nearly burst into tears. Bianca had Chase pushed up against the counter while fully making out.

"W-what?" I whimpered, attracting both if their attention.

"Rhyan-" Chase started before I turned and ran out.

I ran outside and ran as fast as I could down the street.

I ran for what felt like hours but could have only been a couple of blocks. I stumbled across a church with a small little playground on the side, so I took it upon myself to walk over and sit on the swings.

I sat down on the cold red plastic and kept replaying the sight in my mind.

Bianca an Chase. Chase and Bianca. Kissing. Why would he do that to me? I can't believe how stupid I was to actually think that someone like Chase could love someone like me. We're two completely different people, but yet, we're alike in so many ways.

While I had been thinking in my own little world, I hadn't even noticed that I was crying and that the church's day-care let out for recess. When I looked up, I noticed there was a little girl standing in front of me holding a small white sunflower