Ch. 19 - an old friend.

As Chase and I walked onto the beach, I noticed there were barely any people there. I walked a little bit until I found a perfect spot to set up our towels.

I laid down to tan, when a large shadow swept over my body.when I looked up, I didn't expect Chase to be so close to my face.

"Hey.'' I smiled.

"Let's go swimming." He replied. Without hesitation, Chase picked me up and placed me over his shoulder.

"Put me down!" I screamed as I slammed my fists on his back and kicked my legs frantically.

"No can do. We came to the beach to swim and that's what we're going to do." He replied.

Before I could stop him, Chase tossed me into the water and off of his shoulders. I quickly came in contact with the water before resurfacing.

"Chase!" I let out a squeal of anger.

"Rhyan!" He mimicked me.

I stormed out of the water and up to my towel and flopped down.

"Don't be like that." Chase said apologetically.

"I didn't want to get in the water right now! I WANTED to tan you jerk!" I snapped.

"I sorry babe." He apologized, kissing my shoulder before resting his chin on my shoulder.

"Whatever." I mumbled.

"Rhyan?" A masculine voice said for behind Chase and I.

"Nigel?" I replied as we both turned around.

Oh my goodness! You've changed so much!" He smiled. I quickly jumped up and engulfed Nigel in a hug.

"That's what happens when you dot make contact with someone for 2 years." I replied as I pulled away.

"Im really sorry about that." He apologized. Chase cleared his throat, reminding me he was behind me.

"Oh! Nigel this is my boyfriend Chase. chase this is my old friend Nigel." I introduced them.

"Nice to meet you." Nigel said as he shook Chase's hand.

Chase on the other hand, decided to be immature and just stayed quiet.

"Well, have to go. But, I would love to catch up with you sometime. Hopefully you still have my number." Nigel smile as he turned to walk away.

Once Chase and I got back to the guest house, I walked up to our room so I could shower. I stripped myself of my swim-suit and stepped into the shower. As I lathered up my rag, I heard the bathroom door open.

"Rhyan" Chase asked. I remained silent.

"I know you hear me." He said boldly. Again, I stayed quiet.

"Answer me!" He shouted as I finished rinsing out my hair and rinsing off my body. I reached out the curtain and grabbed my towel. I quickly dried off and slipped into my panties and bra.

I exited the bathroom and over to re dresser when I saw Chase siting on the bed looking very angry. I pulled on my light purple short shorts and white tank-top. As I turned around to go back into the bathroom to dry my hair, I crashed into a hard surface. Chase.

"Why are you being like this?" He asked painfully.

"Why were you being rude towards my friend?" I asked.

"Because he's another guy. He touched you." He said bluntly.

"It was a hug Chase!" I shouted.

I stood there an felt an unbearable pain in my heart for shouting at him and for being mad at him. I couldn't control myself when a stray tear slipped down my cheek. Chase saw and pulled me into his tight embrace.

"I'm sorry." He apologized.

"You have no reason to apologize." My words were muffled by being pressed into his chest.

"I love you baby." He said as he kissed the top of my head.

"I love you too." I said quietly.

As Chase pulled out of my grasp, he leaned my chin up with his hand and kissed me longingly on the lips.

Eventually, I pulled away and started into his beautiful eyes. Before I got lost in his eyes, I grabbed his hand and dragged him out of the room.

"Where are we going?" He laughed lightly.

"I'm hungry!" I laughed.

"Then it's a good thing you have a great cook as a mate, now isn't it?" He said, pulling me behind him so now leading me into the kitchen.

"What do you want?" He asked as I jumped onto the island in front of him.

"Hmmmm. Pasta!'' I said triumphantly.

"Pasta it is." He smirked.

Once I told Chase what I wanted, He walked to the cabinet and grabbed a jar of spaghetti box of bow-tie pastas and sat it next to me on the counter before turning to walk to the fridge.

When Chase came back from the fridge, I saw that he had pepperoni and a packet of crumpled sausage. He turned on the stove and pulled a large pan onto the stove. Next he pulled on a smaller pan of hot water for the noodles.

The entire time Chase was cooking, we made small talk until he brought up the subject I've been dreading since the day I me him.

"So, what happened to your dad?" He asked slowly.

"Well when I turned 5, he decided he didn't want to have anything to do with my mother an I. So one day after school, I sat out there an waited for him like usual, but he never came. I sat outside till my mom got off of work at 8:00. When we got home, all of his stuff was gone. I avoided talking to him till I was in 8th grade. I couldn't talk to m mom about it. Nigel was the only one who understood since we've been friends since kindergarten." I said sadly.

"I'm sorry babe." He said, letting go of the spoon in the pan of pasta an enveloping me in a hug.

"It's not your fault." I shrugged.

"I know, but I still feel horrible about it" he sighed.

"Don't." I said, pecking him on the lips.

"That was amazing!" I gushed as I finished my plate of pasta.

"Thanks." He smirked knowingly.

"Anytime." I replied.

I picked up his and I's plates and started to wash all the dirty dishes. As I started to rinse off a pot, Chase came up behind me, wrapped his arms around my waist, and rested his head in the crook of my neck as he inhaled my scent.

"You smell good." He mumbled into my neck.

"Thank you." I giggled.

Once I finished the dishes and changing into my night clothes, Chase and I climbed into bed. I laid there as Chase pulled me into his bare chest and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I love you Rhyan." He whispered, kissing my temple.

"I love you too." I responded before sleep consumed me.