Nine: training

Author's Notes: this is told either through Naruto's, Kurama's, and Sasuke's point of view. This story is a Sasu/Naru YAOI (boyxboy love) so don't read if you aren't into those kind of things. I do not own Naruto and/or its characters as they are owned by Masashi Kishimoto. I have gotten this the idea while reading several other familiar fanfiction stories in which Naruto loses his sight so, this is my version of what I think would happen. The only character I claim to own is the OCC villain and his jutsu's. Please feel free to leave your comments and reviews telling me what you think as I look forward to reading them.

Key Guide: 'thinking', (author notes), "regular speech", *telepathic/mental speech*, CAPS - points of view, italics-jutsu & attacks, bold-Kurama talking

Nine: training
NARUTO'S P.O.V

It has been several days since I have been released from the hospital. It was hard at first to get used to the thought of being blind. That and waking up in a place that isn't familiar to me. But almost every day was a new discovery as I was slowly getting used to not being able to see. Another thing that changed the most was my diet. I knew that eating ramen all the time isn't healthy but with how much I am charged for food, it is about the only thing that I could afford. I also noticed that I needed new clothes but that will practically cost me an arm and leg even for the "kill-me-now orange." Today I was going to start my training with Kiba. As much as I would like to always use Kurama's eyes for everything, I couldn't afford too. I was afraid of what people would say if they saw me with demonic eyes. I had enough troubles with the villagers as it is. I slowly got up and dressed into a set of clothes. Words couldn't express how grateful I am towards Sasuke. Not only did he offer to help me by me moving in with him but, he also got back some of the items left to me by my parents. I slowly made my way towards the kitchen as I could smell Sasuke cooking breakfast.
"Good morning Sasuke." I stated when I entered the room. Another thing that changed is that Sasuke doesn't call me names anymore. Out of respect, I have done the same. It is nice to have a civil conversation with Sasuke instead of jumping down each other's throats or Sasuke only grunting.
"Good morning Naruto. Sleep well?" he asked as he helped guided me to the table. I felt for my chair before sitting down as I could smell eggs and bacon on a plate set before me. I then reached for my fork. Since I was blind, I could use chopsticks to eat so we had a blacksmith make a small pitchfork that could be used with one hand. I didn't want someone to feed me as I had needed some independence. I took off the headband when I wasn't walking around the village and/or missions so I couldn't use Kurama's eyes around people who didn't know that by using the Biju's eyes, I could see. "After your training session, we should go shopping to get you some new clothes." stated Sasuke. A frown crossed my face.
"I won't have enough money to afford it. Especially with how much they charge me." I stated in a low voice. Apparently Sasuke had heard me as his hands slammed down onto the table. This caused me to jump as Sasuke cursed out loud.
"Enough is enough. When is it all going to end?" Sasuke growled angrily. I thought that he was talking about me so I rose from my seat.
"Thanks for everything Sasuke. I will be leaving now." I stated as I turned to leave.
"Wait Naruto!" yelled out Sasuke as I ran as fast as my legs would carry me.
*Kit calm down. You miss understood his words. He was talking about the villagers.* Kurama yelled at me causing me to stop in my tracks. I then felt arms wrap around my chest.
"I am sorry Naruto. Please forgive me. I was talking about the villagers not you. Please come back to the table and eat. We will talk." Sasuke stated. I was an emotional mess. I didn't know if it was because Kurama enhanced everything that caused my emotions to be this screwed up.
*Please Naruto hear him out. I am starting to feel the same way about all of the shit that you put up with because of the villagers. There has to be a better solution to this.* Kurama hissed mentally. I could only feel myself nodding my head as Sasuke lead me back to the table. He sat me down before he began to wipe away the tears from my face. I could feel him pull up a chair right next to mine.
"Naruto tell me honestly is that the only reason why you always eat ramen and wear kill-me-now orange?" Sasuke asked. I slowly nodded my head yes. "Why do you allow it to continue?"
"At first I had no idea of why they always did charge me more than everyone else. It wasn't until I had first meet Kurama that I learned the truth."
"Kurama?" Sasuke questioned.
"The nine tails true name. After meeting him, I began to understand. But I didn't want any trouble as I had no proof that the reasons they were charging me more was because they saw him and not me. I allowed them to continue to do it as I didn't want any trouble. To tell you the truth I thought that deep down they would see that I am not a threat. I believed that sooner or later they would see me for me."
"But Naruto it hasn't changed one bit. I understand why you forgive them and allow them to continue doing this to you but frankily, you deserve better. As of today this cycle is going to stop. While you are training with Kiba, I am going to see Lady Tsunade. Things have to change Naruto."