Sixteen: Naruto's birthday/date

Author's Notes: this is told either through Naruto's, Kurama's, and Sasuke's point of view. This story is a Sasu/Naru YAOI (boyxboy love) so don't read if you aren't into those kind of things. I do not own Naruto and/or its characters as they are owned by Masashi Kishimoto. I have gotten this the idea while reading several other familiar fanfiction stories in which Naruto loses his sight so, this is my version of what I think would happen. The only characters that I claim to own is the OCC villain, the demon fox, and their abilities. Please feel free to leave your comments and reviews telling me what you think as I look forward to reading them.

Key Guide: 'thinking', (authors notes), "regular speech", *telepathic/mental speech*, CAPS - points of view, italics-jutsu & attacks, bold-Kurama talking

Sixteen: Naruto's birthday/date
SASUKE'S P.O.V.

After I had finished cooking dinner, I had thought about what Kurama had told me. It kind of made sense that Naruto hasn't celebrated his birthday because it fell on the same day that the nine tails had attacked. Naruto has probably too many terrible memories when it came to his birthday in general. Kurama was right about one thing, that all needed to be changed.
"Hey Naruto, why don't you and I go on a date tomorrow?"
"Is this about what you and Kurama talked about?"
"Kind of. I also realized that if you and I are going to be romantically involved, that I need to take you out on a date. So will you go out with me tomorrow Naruto?" My question caused Naruto to blush a bright shade of red. He just weakly nodded his head yes. "Good. Now if you excuse me, I have to run a few errands. I will be back shortly." I stated kissing Naruto on the forehead before I had left.

As I made my way through the village heading towards the hokage's office, I thought about what I could get Naruto for his birthday. I wanted something that showed Naruto how much he meant to me, how much I loved him. I didn't want an obvious gift. On my way I stopped at Ichiraku's ramen stand to talk to Teuchi and Ayame. I told them about Naruto's birthday, the nine tails being sealed within him, and how Naruto can only see with the foxes help. They both agreed to help me throw the party for Naruto and asked how they could help. I told them that I would let them know. I then headed over to the ninja academy to speak with Iruka-sensei telling him about Naruto's birthday and how with Kurama's help he could see. Iruka-sensei suggested that we hodl the party at the academy since it was large enough to hold everyone. With a place in mind, I knew that I could ask Teuchi and Ayame to supply the food considering Naruto's favorite dish was ramen. I finally made it to Tsunade's office knocking on the door before I was told to enter.
"Sasuke, this is a surprise. What can I do for you?" she asked.

I told Tsunade about Naruto's birthday tomorrow and how I would like to throw him a surprise party. I was going to get supplied by Ichiraku's ramen stand as it would be held at the ninja academy. I wanted to invite all of the rookie ninja that we grew up with, Konohamaru's group, and all of their captains. Tsunade agreed to my idea as she summoned several Anbu to go and gather the people that I had mentioned. I continued to think over what I could give Naruto for his birthday. Nothing seemed to come to mind except for the idea of becoming Naruto's mate. Naruto may never truly find someone who knew him as well as I did or could accept the things Naruto had to offer. I truly did love Naruto with every fiber of my being. I had already been cursed once and changed by Orochimaru as I now have the chance to free myself of the mark that graced my skin. It had been my life long goal to rebuild my clan but it didn't feel fair to Naruto to have the children bear his name in some way or form. I also didn't want for the children to be used or taken advantage of because of my clan's name. The more I thought about it, the more my choice became clear. There were of course the benefits to becoming Naruto's mate as it would give us an edge when it came to dealing with Hitan Kiasho. Soon all of the people that I had asked for arrived at the hokage's tower including Sai and my two captains. I had explained to them my idea of holding a surprise party for Naruto seeing how tomorrow was his birthday. I also told them about Naruto having Kurama's eyes which enabled him to see but not all of the time as he was truly blind without activating them. For those who didn't know about this fact, was kind of in shock. But they understood fully the reasons to why Naruto would want this to remain a secret.