@LynnS13 - Content Ambassador

Content - Help maintain our content so there are no inappropriate, miscategorized, or mis-languaged stories / works. They also help curate reading lists and talk to the Trust & Safety team to identify trends bubbling up.

1. Introduction:

My name's Lynnette. People call me all but Lynn; that just happens here in Wattpad. Currently a Content Moderator, I enjoy getting lost in the libraries and most of all, sending Harry Styles' fanfic into the Right Direction.

I'm a fan of everything under the sun, or rather all things that lurk in the dark since I love my horror and paranormal stuff. My technophobia is legendary, but still, I type. Everything about me is quite constant, except my hair color. If I say "I love it," believe me, everyone will know. I'm big about tweets and shout outs.

2. Why I become an Ambassador:

I became an Ambassador because I found in it a great opportunity to help out. At that point I had been at least a year or so in Wattpad, right at that time when one starts looking beyond our own work. There's a little Assistant Librarian in me that never let go and working with both community and content makes me happy. I came in for a test drive, just to see how things worked on the other side, and stayed because I fell head over heels with a group of people that are very dedicated to what they do, while loving every minute of it.

3. Projects that I'm crazy about and why:

Just one? Not fair! Ever since I started over in Spanish, I dreamt of having a little place in the shade where I could talk vampires. When I came in as an Ambassador, I started off in Engagement and saw the chance to make a proposal for a Bilingual Vampire Community Page. That's how @Wattvampires and @Wattvampiros were born. Those are my babies. Currently the page is co-administrated with other wonderful Ambassadors in both English and Spanish side, as well as page collaborators. The most gratifying experience is setting up contest and challenges that allow us to discover new talent out there willing to keep the blood flowing.

4. Lol:

Just to keep up with the vampire thing:

Why did the vampire become an actor?

He wanted a part he could sink his teeth into!

Note: Funny not included.

5. Wattpad:

There are so many positives about Wattpad, perhaps the most obvious is having the opportunity to interact with people from all walks of life united by their passion for letters. Few people can say they have a daily chance to grow and learn just by connecting to a writing tool. So just don't stay buried in your own books, get out there, socialize. Be through the clubs, community pages, prompted activities, leave a mark out there, spread the love. The revolution will be written one key stroke at a time.

Just in case you are a little lost and looking? The Wattvamps Crypt and Belfry is always open for you, but there's also:

@ParanormalCommunity @CoffeeCommunity @TheCornerBooth and my current obsession, this month's poetry challenge #ColorMeNovember, an initiative started by Wattpaders who love verse.

You can find me hanging around any of these nice projects, be it as organizer or simply as another watt-girl getting a kick out of it. If you see me, just say Hi!

..............................................................................................

PORTRAIT - Ambassadors at a Glance

By: @5ifthproject / Thomas: Engagement Ambassador

Nov. 16, 2015