@h_coyle - Content & Engagement

Content - Help maintain our content so there are no inappropriate, miscategorized, or mis-languaged stories / works. They also help curate reading lists and talk to the Trust & Safety team to identify looming trends.

Engagement - This team carry out various experiments in the community to see what engages in a positive manner such as genre profiles, contests etc and also maintain our social channels (twitter/facebook/WP Ambs Profile)

1. Introduction:

My name is Heather, and I have been on Wattpad for a little over two years now. I am a mother of two little minions, I work full time and sometimes I get some free time to write.

I monitor the Adventure Hot list, help out with the SciFi and WattNaNo profile.

2. Why I become an Ambassador:

I became an Ambassador for slightly selfish reasons, I wanted to give back but I also wanted to understand how things worked a bit on the other side. The site is incredible and it has gotten me through some long nights up with my babies and I figured if I could help out and give back, I should. After nursing every two hours at 1, 3, 5 in the morning free books on your phone is AMAZING.

3. Projects that I'm crazy about and why:

A project that I am crazy about is hard. Personally it would be my work The Anchored, I feel as though I have hit a high point with my writing there, and mainly thanks to the comments I get from the readers on Wattpad. Collectively it would be the profile WattNaNo. It is something we started really close to the start of NaNoWriMo and we put together some pretty respectable in a short time frame. I had the opportunity to interview some of my Wattpad faves. That was the best part, I learned so much about their writing and process from that.

4. Lol:

As most of my days are spent watching cartoons and listening to children records I'm afraid this is very bad; How do you fit 4 elephants in a Volkswagen? 2 in the front and 2 in the back

5. Wattpad:

Wattpad has allowed me to connect with like-minded people. I would say prior to Wattpad I was a closet writer, and now I am proud of what I put on paper. Two people are really an inspiration for me here: @DavidJThirteen he is so talented and provides some of the most thought provoking comments on your work and @KismetWinters, she never fails to amaze me with her writing, it has a horrific majesty to it, I aspire to be as good as her.

..............................................................................................

PORTRAIT - Ambassadors at a Glance

By: @5ifthproject / Thomas: Engagement Ambassador

Nov. 24, 2015