N I N E

We parked in front of Ruby's Diner and I let out a small laugh. Wow okay. I walked in and took a seat in the booths. "Hey I'm Zoey and I'll be your waiting this evening. Is there anything I can get you?" She looks at me and smiles then she motions her head to the counter. I didn't know she was working tonight but she seems like she wants to tell me something.

"Well just take the menus for now." Zoe puts down the menus and I excuse myself from the table, walking to the counter.

"Two things. One you forgot to pick up your pay check Yesterday." She says handing me a envelope with my name and the words 'Ruby's Diner'. Shit I forgot yesterday was Sunday. "Two that hot guy from the other day, the one I gave your number too."

"Daniel?"

"Yeah him well apparently you aren't picking up his calls so he wrote this and wanted me to give it to you." She holds up another envelope that to Alex.

"I wasn't answering his calls cause he was a little spy and is one of my parents business partners who they wanted me to date." I inform her

"Yikes. Want me to toss it out?"

"No just give me" I take the envelope from her and put both them in my bag "Hey I didn't know you had a shift today."

"Didn't you get the message?" I shake my head "Gina went in labor this afternoon."

"Oh my god that's incredible." I said

She nods her head "Yeah and I am covering her shift tonight which reminds me you have to work Sunday and Monday night next week. Everyone is pitching in until we get Gina a replacement. Adam is out right now checking to see her."

"He left you in charge?"

"Yes" she squeals a little

Here's the thing about Zoey. She graduated high school and is attending community collage in the neighborhood. She has worked here since she was a junior in high school. Which was 3 years ago so this is probably the best thing that has happened to her. Oh and Adam, he's the manger of this joint.

"I better get back to them and you better get back to your job." I said before head back to the booth.

"What was that about?" Jason asked

"Oops sorry I forgot to update my caretaker." I said "But if you must know I forgot to get my paycheck yesterday and then I had to fix my shifts." I turn to look him in the eyes "Happy?"

He rolled his eyes and April came over and sat down in our booth.

Wait. What?

April?

I turn to Jason "What's that doing here?"

"I can here you" she hissed

I turned to face her "Good."

"Alex just ignore her." I rolled my eyes at my brothers words

Zoe came over and asked "Can I take your order?"

"Can we get a different waiter?" April asks

"Actually no were a little short handed at the moment." She eyes me with a smile

"For good reasons." I said but April rolls her eyes

Everyone ordered except me and then Zoe said "Okay I'll get on that." and walked away.

"She didn't take your order." Luke said

"She probably didn't see you." April comments

"She knows what I want." I said taking a sip of my water then my phone buzzed. Everyone was in there own conversation and I check my phone.