Chapter 12

New people coming today...who are they? :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

¤Day 8¤

~No One's P.O.V.~

The next day, the sun barely peaked from the horizon when two people, a man and his son, got out of their car and walked towards the Fairy Institute. The man had blue hair and onyx eyes, with stubble on his chin and a blue mustache. His son had dark purple hair and blue eyes in contrast to his father, and was wearing a sleeveless vest that exposed his abdomen as well as green pants that stopped right below his knees. His mouth was buried in an orange scarf that was wrapped around his neck. His eyebrows twitched in annoyance as they got closer to the entrance. "Are we really doing this??" the boy asked irritably.

"Yes son," the man replied, "and asking me 100 times is not going to change my answer."

"BUT DAAAAAD!!" the boy protested quite loudly.

"No buts Romeo," the man said firmly, opening the door to the institute. Laki looked up from her computer screen.

"Ah, hello Macao," the lavender-haired receptionist smiled warmly. "Here with your..son right?"

"Oh no, I'm his cousin," Romeo spat sarcastically. "Of course I'm his son you purple-haired weirdo!"

"Romeo!" Macao scolded.

"Romeo Romeo Romeo!" Romeo said in a mocking tone. "Why don't you just shut up you old fart?! You're not the boss of me!"

"Yes, I am, actually," Macao gritted his teeth.

"No you're not! I'm sixteen already!"

"You're still legally under my protection."

"Yeah, well..well...well I can't wait until I'm 18 so I can get away from you!!"

"Well until then you're going to have to listen to what I say!" Macao growled, trying to hide the hurt he had felt in his words.  A small tick mark formed on the side of Laki's head at the rude words the boy in front of her was spewing, but she remembered the boy's condition, and couldn't help but feel a bit bad for the two of them.

"Anger issues, right?" Laki wanted to confirm as she picked up her clipboard-attached paper that was filled with patients. Her eyes focused on the box on the paper that read "Romeo Conbolt".

"No, really??" Romeo gasped, putting his hands to his mouth mockingly.  "I thought I was here so that I could help my good ol' dad with his work!"

"Romeo, can you please stop with the sarcasm?" Macao sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose in exhaustion.  He was too old for this kind of thing.

"I'll stop when I want to stop!" Romeo snapped. 

"Here, I'll show him to his room," Laki stood up from her chair and walked towards the boy.  She attempted to put a hand on his shoulder, but the purple-haired boy slapped it away before it even touched him.

"Don't touch me!" he barked.  "I don't want your disgusting germs on me!"

"Ah, I'm sorry," Laki said in a gentle voice.  "I'll keep note of that."  Romeo was taken back by the sudden change in her tone, but scoffed and looked away.

"Whatever," he grumbled, calming down a bit. Laki smiled and walked closer to Macao.

"Is he a germaphobe too?" Laki hissed into his ear when his son wasn't looking. Macao shook his head no, making Laki nod, secretly glaring at the boy when he wasn't looking.