Life: Problems With American Voting and Bias

Okay, I know the 2016 Presidential Race is next year, but I think it's never a bad time to discuss these types of things. Right?

To adults, I know that I am still 7 years away from voting age, but I want you to remember that I am not writing to change your political views. I am writing as my own self.

On with the main point of this entry....

****** Part 1 ******

In History class today, the teacher brought up political biases. He pointed out that 42% of female Democrats supported Hillary Clinton. If you think about it, she has almost half of the female population, considering that there are only 3 main candidates left: Bernie, Hillary, and Martin. He said that many of her supporters were strong feminists that wanted a female president.

That got me thinking, why the hell would someone vote just because the candidate's gender? That's messed up. Now, don't get me wrong, I am a supporter of equal rights and pay for both genders. It's just that it doesn't make sense politically. If you think that voting should determine your "social ranking", then you are messed up. That's not what voting is supposed to be.

We weren't given democracy for favoritism. We were given this election power to speak up and be represented. By voting just for the feeling of acceptance... that's wrong.

What I am trying to get across is to say that everyone should vote for their views, not what society tells them. Don't vote, just because you think everyone will be on your side. Be yourself. Choose what matters to you. Don't let Democrat or Republican define who you are.

****** Part 2 ******

Another thing that the teacher mentioned was wealth distribution.

As you may know, I am strong supporter of Bernie Sanders. Although I am still years early of 21, I still take pride in gaining political maturity through this election period. I seem to understand quite a lot when it comes to his policies, and according to isidewith.com, I support 99% of his views.

Anyway, Bernie has a reputation of being a figurehead of the low and middle class families, representing the lower 99% of the population, with his views on wealth distribution. What the hell is that?

Basically, it's taxing the rich more, and the poor less, to balance out the countries unbalance. WHy is this a problem? The richest 1% of people in the US own more than 40% of our wealth. For the top 20%, it's at around 90%. It's far from our ideal distribution, at all. It's just not right to let the other 80% of Americans own less than a tenth...

And this also stands another reason I am against her. The major companies that fund her campaign are Wall Street supporters, which generally contradicts Democrat view...

Think she has influence? She does. Just to the wrong people...

****** Closing Remarks ******

I just realized that this whole thing was a bit against Hilary Clinton....

Either way, I want this thing to be known not as an attack on her followers, but a highlight on the issues with American voting and bias.

Trust me, a political revolution is coming.