"I didn't think you made it."

Nathan slightly lifted up his head, and looked out the window. He hasn't seen how bad the entire town looked. He was mortified by all of the destroyed buildings and dead bodies, scattered about like loose pieces of paper. As they stopped at the diner a Rachel Amber poster flew onto the window.
           Chloe's eyes began to water. "Fuck Nathan. You just had to be like Jefferson. And you ended up fucking killing Rachel. That's what started most of this shit in the first place!" Chloe hit the brakes and hit her head on the wheel. "Fuck." Max hugged Chloe and whispered to her trying to cheer her up. Chloe got out of the car and started walking into the diner.
           Max got out of the car and followed Chloe inside. Chloe and Max walked through the door. "M-Mom.. MOM!" Chloe ran up to Joyce and hugged her. Soon after David joined into the hug, and Chloe actually hugged back. "Warren!" Max remembered the kiss she gave to Warren before he gave her the photo. She ran up to him and kissed him on the cheek. Soon making it to the lips.
          Warren was taken back by the sudden kiss. He was beyond excited to see Max  here out of the blue. And this random kiss made it all the better, which he thankfully returned. "Max! I didn't think you made it." He laughed and hugged her tightly. He noticed how red a puffy her eyes were, from obvious crying. "What happened? Are you alright?" He quickly asked.
            David never thought he could be so relieved to see Chloe. Its true, they weren't the closest of families, but after everything that has just happened, he was glad to see her safe and here with Joyce. "It's good to have you here Chloe." He smiled gracefully.
           Nathan stood by the dinner doors, not really saying much or doing anything to make himself noticeable. He was off to the side and unimportant at the moment. He looked around the small dinner in hopes of spotting Victoria amongst the crowd. Only to be devasted when she was no where to be seen. He sighed and watched around as smiles grew on peoples faces once they saw Max and Chloe.
           Max was relieved to hear Warren's voice. "Remember what I told you?" Max whispered into his ear everything she told him the night before. She was happy her visions were good things now and didn't include the choice of sacrificing anyone. "It's good to have you here too David." She hugged him and Joyce as if they hadn't seen each other in years. She was relieved by they're safety. Joyce was astonished. She didn't believe they had made it. But once they walked through the door tears of joy rolled down her cheeks. "I love you Chloe."
Warren nodded. He listened to her hushed whispers. "I'm just glad you're safe, Max. Its been horrible seeing how many people didnt make it. I was starting to wonder you didn't either..." His voice trailed off.
David closed his eyes and smiled as he hugged the both of them. He was glad that they were all back here. He was thankful that he was given a second chance to start over with Chloe and Joyce.
Nathan continued to wait by the door. He wasn't really sure where to go, or what to do now. He looked outside of the cracked window on the door at the damage. outside. He was still astonished by the number the storm did to this small town.
"I thought the same to you warren." Max hugged him again and just held him in her arms. She never wanted to let go. Afraid pf losing him like she did Chloe numerous times. "I-I love you Warren."
Chloe held her mom and her step dad in her arms like a child. "Have you been here the whole time?"
Once Joyce realized that Chloe wasn't letting go she started brushing down her hair. Wondering what she had gone through. Wondering what would have happened if they hadn't come. "Yes. We've been here all night. Some of us didn't make it. And some left."