Chapter Two: Experiences

My thoughts are interrupted by someone knocking on my door.

Me: Yeah.

Prince walks in as I sigh.

P: I'm so sorry for Ray's behavior. He is just still upset about what happened.

Me: I am only going to do this for you guys. If he doesn't act like an adult, I am going to go crazy.

Prince looks at me as I look at him.

P: Is it true though? You kept the baby?

Me: Yeah, I mean I have always wanted kids and I don't regret having one with him. It's just that since the break up, I really wasn't able to speak to him about the pregnancy or anything.

P: What about Roc?

Me: I don't talk to that bastard that ruined the one relationship I dreamed of since my last relationship. I am never going to forgive him.

P: How do you expect Ray to actually go see his son?

Me: I'll be damned if he thinks that it's not his. I haven't been with any other guy since then, and if I had a miscarriage, he would have known.

P: Who has been a temporary dad to him?

Me: Jonas.

He shakes his head as I smile.

P: Well, I honestly believe you two will get back together soon.

Me: I sure hope so.

We hug and leave out of my dressing room, back to the main studio.

Three Hours Later

D: Alright everyone, that is all for today! See you all tomorrow!

I say bye to the girls as I walk to the guys.

Me: Hey Prod.

Pr: What's up girl? I wasn't able to speak to you all day today.

I smile as we hug. I see Roc and roll my eyes.

P: What do you guys want to do?

Me: Well, I know I am hungry.

Pr: I second that.

P: Well, I guess we are going out to eat.

We leave the studio and go to a burger joint. We sit at a table as Ray and I are on opposite sides. I quickly order my food and wait for it to come out.

P: Brittney, have you heard who is going to be in your tour?

The guys look at me as I answer the question.

Me: Unfortunately, no. They are not telling me, which is stupid to me but whatever.

We get our food and eat. The whole time eating is in silence.

P: I am so sick of you guys being quiet. You guys have a kid together, and you guys are not trying to fix something that was and still is special to you both. We are leaving them alone.

Prince stands up and pulls the other two out of their seats, walking away. I continue eating while Ray looks at me.

R: Is it true?

Me: What?

I ask without looking at him.

R: Is he really mine?

Me: I didn't get a miscarriage.

He sits back as I finish my food.

R: Why didn't you tell me sooner?

Me: You act like I had a way to; you didn't want anything to do with me. You didn't want to hear anything about me, or even talk to me.

I sit back and look at him.

R: You had Roc, Nene.

Me: I don't talk to Roc; I never have since that incident.

R: You mean the incident you started?

Me: You know what? I don't have time to argue with you.

I grab my stuff and get out of my seat. I pay for my food and walk out of the place. Ray runs out and grabs my wrist.

Me: Let me go Ray.

R: Look, I'm sorry I said that. I am still upset about it.

Me: First of all, it was way before we even started dating. I still feel guilty about it though. Second, you have no idea how it feels to experience that after trying to run away from experiencing it consistently from someone you use to care for. You act like I knew he was going to do that Ray!

I wipe away the few tears that start coming down my face.

Me: I am sorry that I hurt you, but don't act like you have had a worse experience compared to me.

I start walking away, but he pulls me back.

R: I really am sorry.

I start tearing up, so I get out of his embrace and go to my car. I hop in and the driver leaves the place.

D: Are you ok Miss?

Me: Yeah, I'm fine thanks.

I say as I wipe another tear from my eyes.

D: Here are some tissue.

He hands me a box as I take a tissue.

Me: Thank you.