Chapter 5: High Schoolers

Sam's POV

"Look at this, little elementary kids!" A guy said as he stopped us. "Uh, actually were in Middle School..." I said to them. "Hey. We say what you are, and you're elementary kids." Another one with short blonde hair said as he flicked my forehead.

"Is this your girlfriend? She looks almost as ugly as you..." The biggest one said as he looked at Sookie. "Hey that's uncalled for! Take that back." I said to them as they laughed. "Sam you don't have to do this, they're in high school..." Sookie whispered in my ear. Before I could respond on of them grabbed the collar of my shirt and said. "Look, he has bunny ears! He's a fury!" Another said as he referred to my bunny ears.

"No I'm half rabbit." I told them. "Whoa, freaky, rabbit boy!" The blonde guy said as he laughed and high-fived all his other friends. "Later dorks." He said as he shoved me aside. I tripped and landed on the grass as I dropped the umbrella and some of the snacks came out of the bag.

"Sam, are you ok?" Sookie said as she helped me up. "Yeah, I'm used to it... They don't hurt me anymore." I said as i got myself up. I notice the umbrella blow away, so we were getting all wet. "W-Wait, you're telling me that people always pick on you?" She asked. I nodded as I got the items back on the bag and began walking. "It happens all the time. My mom says not to worry about it because soon they'll be working for me someday!" I said as I smiled.

"That's nice of your mom to tell you that, can I meet her one day?" She asked. I paused and stopped walking as I sighed. I looked at the road and told her. "She's not with us anymore... She died after the drug store got robbed." "O-Oh... I'm sorry..." she said as I nodded, telling her it was ok. "It's fine, that was three years ago... My dad hasn't been the same really. I have to help him sometimes, he's not right in the head..."

Sookie's POV

I felt really bad for Sam. His mom died when he was young, his dad isn't well and he has to become independent so young. And yet people make fun of him in school... He's a nice a guy, I'm surprised he doesn't have a girlfriend... "I'm sorry for your loss, Sam. She sounds like a great woman." I said while I patted him on the back.

"Yeah it's fine..." He said as we arrived at my house. I got the keys out and opened the door. "Oooh, Sookie, you have Sam's jacket on?!" Chan teased as I walked in with Sam behind me. "Why are you guys so wet?" Soul asked.

"High school kids and picked on us, the umbrella flew away as they pushed Sam." I said as he nodded. His hair was really wet, which actually looked really... Attractive... More than usual! "Sam, you have a bully problem huh?" Silly asked.

"Yeah, but don't worry about me. I'm used to it now!" He said as he set down the food on the coffee table. "Why do some of the things have sand on it?" Invader asked.

"Oh that, it's only on the packaging, the inside is fine." He said as I got my bag of chips and began to eat them. "Good enough for me." Yuki said as she got the snack she requested. "Oh, also, Sam may I speak to you privately?" Yuki asked.

I looked at Yuki, wondering what was going to happen. Was she going to ask him something? Is she going to ask him out so quickly in the friendship? No one will take my Sam from me... Wait. Hold on a second... Did I really just say that in my head?!

Yuki's POV

"Uh, sure!" Sam said as i smiled and lead him into the hallway. "What's on your mind Yuki?" He asked. "I was wondering if yu have any idea where Taurtis is? I want to invite him over so you can have a guy to talk to and feel more comfortable around us." I told him while smiling. He put his hand on his hair and said. "Well... He's with a girl right now I think he won't want to come over."

I looked at his hair, it was really curly... I actually want to touch it... "O-O-Oh..." I said as he nodded. "Well let's just go back then." I said as I giggled, he nodded again and we went over to our friends.

Taurtis' POV

"Hey Salex, have you heard of a guy named SamGladiator?" I asked as we were sitting outside in the rain. We were sitting above a roof of course. "Um, no I haven't." She said. "Oh, well he's a good friend of mine, you should meet him someday."

"Sounds great." She said as she smiled, I nodded and looked into her blue eyes. "I like your eyes, they remind me of the beautiful blue sky... Well not the sky right now, it's really grey." I said. She giggled and I noticed her cheeks turn a bright pink. "T-Thank you. Taurtis..." She said while I scooted a little closer.

"You're welcome Salex... We should hang out more during Lunch and all that stuff, you know." I told her. She nodded and took her phone out. "Sure, may we take a selfie?" She asked. I chuckled and agreed. She got closer to me and she rested her head on my shoulder. I felt funny, a good funny. Feeling her head on my shoulder made my heart skip a beat.

I focused and look at the camera as she took a picture and I smiled. "Looks great!" She said while she smiled. She went on Instacrab and asked. "May I tag you, what's your username?"

"My username is MLG_Taurtis." I told her. She typed it in and tagged me in the picture. "There we go." She said as I chuckled and checked my Instacrab. There it was, I went on her profile and followed her. "There now we're officially friends." I said as she nodded.

I have a good feeling about this...