Chapter 18: A Date?!

Short chapter cx

Sam's POV

I was hanging out by myself by a tree in the lower field of the school. It was already over, but I didn't care. I like to hang out here once in a while. It's calm. It's quiet. It's just how I like it. I got my phone out and looked at the time. It was barely 4;57 almost 5. I have to be home usually by around 5:30-6:00. So I might as well as stay here for a while.

Things were getting a little tense at school anyway. Dom almost managed to beat me up again, but I out ran him. Ever since people have seen I'm better at running than he is, everyone has seen me differently. I even think Taurtis is considering being friends with me again! I hope so. Even though he was a dick to not be friends with me anymore I would still forgive him.

I looked around my backpack for something to read, staring at the sky blankly like a zombie was beginning to be a little boring. I finally found a book I could read that I haven't finished yet. I got the book and it ended up being a class textbook. "I guess I have no books to read" I told myself while I tried to look for my sketchbook instead.

I could try to draw this scenery, it's pretty decent anyway. So why not? I got it out and then found my pencil. I flipped it to a fresh new page and tapped the eraser on my bottom lip while thinking about the style I'll do it in. I got an idea as to what to do, so I got working into the sketch...

Some time later

After a little while, the drawing was really coming together. I got the scenery just about right and the only thing I was missing were the trees in the background.  When I was about to continue drawing it I was halted by a familiar voice. "Hey, what are you doing?" Yuki said while I looked up.

"Oh, just drawing." I said while showing her. She grabbed the sketchbook and looked at it. "This is good!" She said while handing it to me. I smiled and accepted the compliment. "Thank you, so what's up?" I asked.

"I just finished taking care of some business with a little someone..." She said while I put my book away in my backpack with my pencil. "Oh? What?" "Nothing big, or important," she said, while I looked at the road, seeing Hidden chasing after his dog. "anyways would... You like to hang out tomorrow?"

I got up front the grass as I put on one strap of my backpack while I looked back at her. "Sure, where?" "I'll just meet up with you here at this time, sound good?" She asked.

"Ok, so is this like... Date?" I questioned. She had a few moments of thinking, and then confirmed it. "Sure, you can call it that." She smiled. I returned the smile and nodded. "Alright, tomorrow."