Chapter 4: Sookie <3

Sam's POV

Yuki showed me over to Sookie's house, which was decently closer than my house. "So am I just gonna walk in there or how does this work? I've never had friends invite over except for Taurtis." I asked Yuki. "I texted the girls you were coming, they were cool with it." She said while she knocked on the door. I started getting nervous, how many girls were in there?! The rain continued to pour though, so that's something that's worth getting embarrassed for. "Um. Who's in there?"

"Well the girls you met earlier during lunch that's about it." She said as Sookie opened the door. "Oh hey guys..." Sookie said as she opened the door. There were all the girls there and a mutant-owl that was in school uniform. "Hi." I said as I walked into the house, it was nice, it was much bigger than mine that's for sure.

"I don't believe you've met SoulOwl yet." Yuki said as I walked into the living room, where everyone was. "Uh... No..." I said as i looked at the other girls, oh god what did I get myself into... In my worst nightmare- in front of a bunch of girls when I look terrible! "What happened to your face bunny guy?" Invader asked.

"Oh... I tripped and fell... Then Dom beat me up." I said quietly as I shyly looked away from everyone. "You poor thing, he's a bully, don't let him bring you down." Silly said as continued to look away from them, I was offered to sit on the couch, so I gladly accepted. "So, hi, I'm Soul. I heard a little about you." The owl said as she stood in front of me.

"Oh... Hello. I'm Sam." I said as I took off my backpack and placed it next to me. "Where's your friend Taurtis?" Chan asked.

"Oh he's with a 6th grader I think..." I said as Yuki sat next to me. "He's going out with a 6th grader? Wow." Invader said as she got her phone out and I saw she got a text. "Dom texted me again..."

"Dom is suck a jerk, are you actually going to date him?" Sookie asked. Invader shook her head and then I quietly looked down, if I knew I was going to be here I would at least given myself some kind of pep talk. "Soul, do you want to go to the store with me? I'm going to the store to buy us some snacks." Sookie asked Soul.

"No... Remember my feathers mold off if I come into contact with water." She told her.

"Oh ok, how about you... Sam?" She asked, I looked at her and then at the rain. "Do you have an umbrella?" I asked her and she nodded. "Wait if you have an umbrella why won't Soul go then?" Chan asked.

"Because there's a chance the water will hit me even if there is an umbrella." She explained.

"Sure I'll go with you." I said to Sookie as I got up and walked over to the door with her. "Great!" She grabbed the umbrella and we said our goodbyes to the others for now and we went to the store together.

Yuki's POV

"Don't they look cute together!" Chan cried as they left the house. "Yeah, they do! We should hook them up." Silly said while smiling. She cleaned her glasses with a cloth near by while I looked out the window and saw Sam and Sookie together. "Yeah they do actually." I said while I heard Sookie giggle.

"Why are you staring at them?" Invader asked as I quickly turned back to them. "What?! I'm not looking at Sam... I-I was just looking at the rain drops on the window!" I said while I blushed.

"Sure you were." Soul said while laughing.

"So you have the hots for bunny boy?" Silly chuckled. I shook my head and looked down at the carpet. "I don't like him that way!"

"Well you do seem to like him, you tease him a lot already." Chan said while she nudged me. I sighed and looked at them. "Maybe a little." I said.

"OOOO!!" They all said while I turned around. "Are you jealous of Sookie?" Invader asked. "That no." I said while I turned back at them. "So you actually like him?" Soul asked.

"From 1-100 I'd say 12." I told the girls.

"Well good luck getting him." Silly said while I looked away again.

Sam's POV

"I like the rain, don't you?" Sookie asked as she put her hand out on the rain to feel it fall down as I carried the umbrella. "Yeah I do, but only that it's really cold that's what I don't like about it." I said as we confined to walk.

"I see, well when I was little I loved to play in the rain all the time." She said with a giggle. I smiled as she looked at me and put her hand back inside the umbrella as we walked. "That's nice, when I was little my mom didn't let me play in the rain because it makes my ears heavy and stuff." I told her.

"Oh man what is going to think?! I shouldn't have said that... Man I messed up." I thought to myself.

"That's good, your mom really cares doesn't she." She said. I nodded and smiled a little brighter. I looked at our feet as the rain poured on the umbrella. "Yeah she does..."

We entered the store and there was Carl and his assistant Pete. "Welcome, Wololo!" Carl cried happily as we entered his store. "Can I interest you in some pufferfish?" Pete asked Sookie as he took a several dozen out. "Um..." She said.

"Here, it's on the house. Trash is worth more than them anyway." He said as he handed her all of them and left us. "Father of the year goes to... Pete." I said sarcastically. Sookie giggled and Pete turned his head and went back to me. "You wanna fight me boy? Take your shirt off and fight me!" He said as he got out boxing gloves.

"Maybe another day when I'm older." I said as we went around the store, Pete left us alone. "That was pretty funny Sam." Sookie said as we got some wasabi Kitkats. "Really?" I asked. She nodded while she looked at the chip section.

After that we went to the counter to buy our things. "That'll be 800 yen please!" Carl said as Sookie got out the money. She paid for it, since I was too poor to even afford an umbrella. "Let me carry the bag." I said as Carl have me the bag.

"Thanks Sam!" She said as we walked out of the store. "Your welcome." I said while the rain still continued to pour down. I looked at her and her face was a bright green. "You ok? Are you getting sick?" I asked.

"Huh? No! I'm just... I don't know." She said while she lowered the tone of her voice later on the sentence. "You need my jacket?" I asked.

"Uh, are you sure? It's really cold." She said. I nodded as I quickly gave her the bag and umbrella to hold on to while I took off my jacket. "I'm used to this kind of weather anyway, I don't have a heater in my house." I told her as I wrapped it around her. "Thanks..." She said quietly while she handed me the umbrella. Our hands brushed up against each other, it was a small rush, it was great. I grabbed the umbrella from her and accepted the bag.

Shortly after we continued to go to her house, we were halted by some big kids...