Chapter 12: The Dance Pt.1

Sam's POV

I was sitting on my bed in my house while looking at the ceiling. I heard some very faint music coming from outside and lots of people talking. I looked out my window and saw some kids that were dressed up, going to the dance. I sighed while reminding myself I didn't have a date to take, or any money. "Sam!" My dad called as I turned back. "Yeah dad?" I asked while walking away from the window.

"Do you still want to go to that dance of yours?" He asked. I entered the living room and he was resting on the beat up couch. Some beer bottles were on the floor. "Yeah... But I don't have anyone to take." I told him while he opened up another bottle and then drank some. "Here's five bucks." He said while he took out 5000 yen from his pocket. "How'd you get that?" I asked, since we pretty much just live in a hole that he made under the ground. It wasn't really a house there wasn't any running water.

That was what made me wonder how the girls can tolerate the smell my body must give out. "Some guy gave it to me." He said while I grabbed it and he took some more long gulps of liquor. "Now go have a good time." He said while I looked around for some formal wear. "Do we have some nice clothes I can take?" I looked around the house to look for any good shirts or jeans to take. "Nope, wait yeah go check your room or something." He said while I looked in my closet.

I found a good enough shirt and some nice jeans to go with it. It was a white v neck shirt and some basic denim jeans that weren't torn up on accident. I studied them for a while and then got out a knife and cut it up a bit to transform them into ripped jeans. "Maybe these would look cool." I said to myself while I tried them on. They were a good fit, and they weren't as dirty as my normal clothes. Why didn't I notice these before?

I went inside the 'bathroom' and then checked myself in the broken mirror. "I look dapper!" I exclaimed while I wet my hair a little and got it ready to go to the dance. "Now I look like a good guy!" I smiled while looking in the mirror. I checked my ears and they were good to go. I checked to see if my tail was noticeable. When I was checking, it popped out of my jeans. "I hate this..." I tucked it back in and then checked one last time.

It was invisible now, so I was ready to leave! I had my normal everyday shoes once, since they were the only pair of shoes I had really. I got my phone out and then texted Yuki.

Sam: Hey r u going to the dance

Yuki; yea y

Sam: Becuz I'm going too

Yuki: really?! do u have the money tho?

Sam: ya my dad gave me 5000 yen

Yuki: cool I'll meet you here with the others then

Sam: yea ttyl

Yuki: bye

I turned off my phone and then looked at myself one last time. "Tonight's going to be great!"

Later...

I was in front of the gymnasium, where the dance was taking place. I took out my 5000 yen fee and then walked to the two standing in front, collecting the money. I handed them the money and they put it with the others, granting me access. "Thank you, have a nice night." One of them said while I nodded and the out my hands in my pockets. I nervously walked in and then looked around. The room was dark and there were bright colors all over the place like a disco ball or something.

I didn't know what song they were playing though, most likely just some song from the radio. Probably a dirty rap song that was forced into the clean version and now just sounds like gibberish. I did submit a song I wanted to be played here, but they will most likely won't play it because they'll consider it 'lame' or 'uncool'. They only play songs from 'artists' like Drake, Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj, Tyga, and all that crap. (These are my real feelings about dances I hate the songs they play.)

They never give other undiscovered artists a chance, it's so weird. Anyways I looked around for my group of friends and I found Yuki at a table by herself. I took a deep breath and then slowly walked over to her. She saw me and I sat down next to her. "Hi Yuki..." I said while she smiled. "Hi Sam." She said while giving me a short but enjoyable hug. "Did you get new clothes?" She asked.

"No, I found these in my closet almost out of nowhere." I told her while laughing. Invader joined the table and said. "Ooh~ Sam you look great tonight." She licked her lips and then some parts of her beard. I got the chills and then slowly looked away in disgust. "Come out back with me, I'll show you a good time." Invader said while she came behind me and hugged me from behind.

"N-No thanks." I said while I tightly closed my eyes in fear. "Invader stop, he doesn't wanna go." Yuki said while Invader pouted and walked away from us. "Where's everyone else?" I asked while drinking some Coke, trying to forget about what just happened. "They're dancing." She said while I looked at the dance floor. Sure enough, everyone else was right there. I even saw Taurtis with Salex.

"Why don't you go dance?" I asked her while she shrugged. "I don't know, never really liked it." She replied while she looked at the others dancing. "Plus they all have someone to dance with. I didn't have anyone." I glanced her while we were looking at them. I felt a little nervous. I wanted to ask her if she wanted to dance. My cheeks felt a little warm. "Y-Yuki... Would you maybe like to... Um." I said while I put my hand behind my head.

"Mhm?" I froze up and then just shook my head. "Never mind." I said while sighing... Man this is going to be a long night...