Chapter One- Remembering

(A/N) Hey guys, I haven't written in a while, so I decided, what would be better than to come back with a sequel to 'The Beginning of Nothing'?

"Naruto!" an old gruff voice called out, "Naruto!! Slow down!" he shouted again.
"No way pervy sage! I haven't seen the village in three years! You speed up!" the teen named Naruto bellowed.
"You've been racing me for the past three days now! Don't you think you could give it a rest? Atleast show up to the village with some dignity.." Master Jiraiya replied, speeding up to try and catch up with Naruto.
"Since when have I ever cared about my appearance?" The blonde suddenly stopped to try and figure out the answer to his question.
"What about Sakura? You care around her.. don't you?" The old man sneered. A light blush grew on Naruto's face. Sakura was beautiful, no doubt about that. The thought of her gave Naruto a shiver. As time passed by with Jiraiya, Naruto had tried to drown out his emotions for his old once lover, Gaara. He was rather successful over the years. He imagined Sakura; her lovely bubble-gum pink tendrils of hair gliding down around her elegant features. It was enough to make Naruto want to run for the bushes.
"And what about Sasuke? You care around him.. don't you?" Jiraiya pried. Naruto's blush faded away, and was consumed with a sense of harsh seriousness.
"Damn right I do. When I bring him back to the Leaf, I'll be damned if he continues to show me up. We'll be equals." The blonde smirked, and raised his thumb like he always used to, "I'll bring him back, and when I do-"
"I know.. Naruto.. I know." The geezer interrupted, and set his hand upon the young mans shoulder, "I have confidence in you. You're strong, Naruto." Naruto smiled brightly and replied,
"You better!" then the young man paused, and looked down at the ground.
"W.... What's wrong?" Jiraiya asked.
"You never mentioned anyone else. Kakashi Sensei, Granny Tsunade, Gaara.. you never mentioned them. Why is that?" the boys curiosity oozed from him.
"I didn't really think it mattered around Kakashi or Lady Tsunade, as for Gaara, I'm a little curious as to why you brought him up." the man concluded.
"I've always cared around Gaara.. yet you never mentioned his name." Naruto's voice grew quiet and he shuffled his feet, a slight blush appearing across his nose.
During the time training with Master Jiraiya, Naruto had tried to block out those old feelings. It just never seemed to completely take effect. He thought about him every night right before he fell asleep. Even if it was just for a second, he still thought about the redhead. Yes, using Sakura for an outlet was effective, but he couldn't help but wonder if Gaara had forgotten him. If he had forgotten that one fateful night just before he left.