Chapter Six- Leaving Already?

A few hours had passed and the three of them made their way to Naruto's apartment. With glee, the boy ran into his apartment. Without hesitation, Naruto flopped onto his bed. After looking around from his comfy mattress, he noted, 
"It sure is nice to back home after so long. This place is kinda dusty though..."
"Yeah, well, what did you expect?" Sakura muttered. "It's not like anyone's been in here in the past three years."
"Yeah... you're right." He replied. A few moments later, the young man sprung up from his bed and grabbed his bag. He began stuffing a few recently unpacked items back into the pouch.
"Uhh... Naruto?" Sakura blinked, "Wha.. what are you doing?" She asked. Kakashi looked up from his dirty novel and added,
"Leaving already?"
"Yep." Naruto replied subtly. "And you two are comin' with me! We have a mission. Granny Tsunade gave me one earlier. I'm to go with you two to the Sand village."
"Really now.." Sakura muttered, with an 'I don't believe a word you're saying' tone of voice. "And what if I went up and asked her about this, so called 'Mission'?" she asked."
"Go ahead! I'm not lying." He chuckled, "I need to see Gaara. She told me to bring you two along."
"Alright," Kakashi sighed, "I'll go pack some of my things up for the trip."
"Wh-what?" Sakura stuttered, "You actually believe this ding-bat?"
"Yeah. I was sent the orders by Lady Hokage earlier. I was to wait until Naruto said something about it." Kakashi replied matter-of-factly. "Though, there's no real importance to this mission, so I don't see why we have to go." The man shrugged.
"I just said! I have to see Gaara, that's important enough!" The blonde shouted.
"But- but it makes no sense! Why would Lady Tsunade assign such a pointless mission?" Sakura asked.
"It's not pointless! Sakura, I have my reasons for needing to go to Suna." The young man huffed. He turned his head toward the window, gazing at the night sky.
'I can't wait to see him again... to feel him again..' he thought.