Chapter Twenty-One - Trouble

(p.o.v. switch)

"This is the sixth time he hasn't been here when I flew over to his tower.. Humph!" A young man crossed his arms angrily.
"Patience, Deidara. Complaining won't get you any further." A low grumbled voice scolded.
"Wow! That coming from you?! Humph, Mister "I hate waiting."?" Deidara scowled at the puppet. "You sure that's you in there Sasori?"
"Oh I hate waiting, and this jiinchuriki is in for it. Take him to within an inch of his life for me with your quote on quote 'art'." Sasori grunted.
"What do you mean quote on quote!? You just don't know the true beauty, the art of explosion!" The blonde huffed.
"Your art leaves a mess you don't bother to clean up. Just like a child." The puppet man sighed and turned slowly away.
"I oughta show you how to respect my art first hand! Humph!"
"I'd like to see you try, I'd be doing the Akatsuki a favor by taking you out, so really.. do go ahead and try me." The man's partner retorted. The seriousness of  his tone sent subtle quivers down the blondes spine but his expression didn't waver. He just let out a smaller, lighter humph, and turned away.

(p.o.v. switch)

"Why? Why were you gone for so long?" Naruto's voice was shaky but understandable.
"I lost track of time believe it or not... the elders cracked down on me rather hard these past months, I thought only a week or two had past. Believe me, I only found out what day it was from Temari around half an hour ago." Gaara rested one hand on Naruto's shoulder, followed by the light touch of the other on his cheek. "I'm so sorry Naruto-kun, I can't imagine what you've been going through.." The red-head guiltily looked down to the ground.
"Well the dream wasn't pleasant." The fox shrugged and pulled the sand shinobi into a bear hug. "Don't you dare lose track of time again, alright?" He nuzzled into the young Kazekage's neck and wept. Gaara gave a slight chuckle, rubbing the blonde's back comfortingly.
"I won't, I promise."

______________________________
A/N
Yes, yes I know I'm a terrible person! I haven't updated in so long >.< I've been doing more reading than writing lately, I know I'm terrible.. I'm going to try to pump out as many updates as I can though... to be honest, I haven't written anything at all for my other stories so... but school is out, finals are done and over with, and I think I'll be able to get back in the writing mood. I'm sorry for such a short update >.< well, anyway...
If you couldn't predict the end of this story, you certainly can now can't you? Yeah I know I'm terrible but don't worry, it'll be all good in the end <3 Also, to those who haven't read or watched the manga/anime to this point... SPOILER ALERT IN THE NEAR FUTURE. Anyway, don't hate me for the ending, it'll end better than you expect. Love you! See you in one of my other stories that I'm updating tonight after I write their chapters... XD