Part 1

Mikey was still paranoid after checking the house twice. She knew no one was there but she wasn't willing to take any chances. Eventually, Mikey decided to just push aside her suspicions and just go back to her room.

Mikey eagerly ran up the creaky, windy staircase that lead to her room. She was so glad she had gotten the room in the attic so she could finally have some privacy, unlike at her last house. She still missed it but, of course, they had only moved out last week; she would be over it soon.

Mikey pushed open the door to her blindingly, neon green room. Her mom had tried to convince her to repaint it but Mikey wouldn't budge, she thought it was really cool. Mikey shut the door to her room as best as she could. Stupid old house with stupid doors that can't shut all the way. Mikey was pretty sure that one day that door would never open and she'd be stuck in her room forever. Not that she'd mind, though.

Mikey weaved her way through the messy pile of boxes. She grabbed her old, black backpack and sat down cross legged on her bed. She unzipped it and reached around until her slender fingers brushed across a small, black pouch. She pulled it out and stuffed it under her shirt. Getting up, she made her way to the door and pulled on it, She ducked across the narrow, black wooden hallway into the bathroom. She set the pouch down on the sink and took out her most valuable possessions. Honestly, it was quite pathetic once you realized it was only her make up. It was even more pathetic once you realized her collection was made up of a black eyeliner pencil (stolen from her brother, Gerard), a half-used container of pink lipstick, and eye shadow that Mikey was clueless about how to use.

Mikey set her glasses on the sink, as well, and started with the eyeliner. Her make up skills were unimpressive, to say the least, but that never stopped her from trying.
Mikey slowly dragged the eyeliner pencil across her water line. She had once tried to go for winged eyeliner or something fancy like that, but it failed so atrociously that she vowed never to try it again. At least, until she had perfected her eyeliner game. And that probably wasn't going to happen for a while.

Next was the lipstick, something Mikey wasn't terribly bad at. But then again, who could mess up lipstick? Mikey didn't the pink suited her very well. Maybe a dark purple or red would work better? But the pink kind was really all she had, unless she wanted to steal some from her mom. Mikey wasn't too fond of that idea, though. Mikey popped her lips in the mirror and smiled at her foggy reflection. She never wore her glasses and make up at the same time. Her glasses just made her look weird (well weirder, if that was possible) and it made the eyeliner a lot harder to see. EVen though she couldn't see herself very clearly, Mikey smiled because she could still see herself and she looked way better then when she was forced to ugly, forced to look like a boy.

Mikey took her phone out and snapped a few quick selifes. She tucked her phone back in her pocket and started tucking her make up back into the bag. Tucking it under her shirt again, she ran back to her room. She closed the door and jogged to her bed. She shoved the pouch into the bag and zipped it up all the way. Mikey set it down at the end of the den and made her way to the closet. Most of her clothes had been unpacked so it was easy to hide her favorite (and only) dress under the layer of clothes at the bottom of the closet floor. She knew that once she had finished unpacking she'd have to find it a new hiding place, but for then it'd have to do.

Mikey stripped out of her Anthrax shirt and jeans and slipped the red dress over her head.The front hung, flopping over her flat chest. Mikey sighed. The dress was so cool but it just looked completely wrong on Mikey. Maybe it would have looked better if she could buy her own instead of stealing it from LynZ who had left it after one of her sleepovers with Gerard. But Mikey doubted she'd ever look good in a dress, even if she transitioned.