Chapter 15

Chris Pov

After the police officers arrested Mike, they asked us questions about our friendships with him and his connection between him and Athena. They left after about an hour later.

Everyone went to go see Athena; I want to see her too, but I know I will end up breaking down again, so I'm just sitting on the curb, looking up at the sky. I still can't believe that it was Kuza that hurt her.

One my closet friends abducting Athena. Who knew? I know for sure I didn't. Man, why did it have to end up like this: my universe crashing down.

Why couldn't have I just forgiven her from the beginning? Why did we even go to that party? Why did I leave her there alone drunk? Why was I stupid enough to sleep with some random girl?

This is all my fault. I'm the reason she's in the hospital with some machine breathing for her. If I would have changed one of those things, we could have been at the house cuddling, laughing, eating, doing anything!

I wish this was a nightmare, but I've established that it isn't too many times to actually believe it is. Sinking into my thoughts I hear a voice behind me. I turn around and see Ricky.

Not responding, I turn back and look back at the stars in the sky. "Can I sit?" He questions. I nod my head yes even though I didn't turn my head. He then sits next to me on the curb. Nothing was said for a while.

"Where you actually going to kill him?" He asks after a long silence. I look at him and tell him the truth. "I wanted to," I say. From his facial expression, he wasn't surprised. I don't think anyone was.

I bet Ghost or Balz would do it too. "Chris?" He says, gaining my attention. "Yeah?" I ask, now looking at him. "I have to tell you something," he states. I bob my head upwards, requesting for his remark. He then sighs.

"I wasn't fully drunk at the party that night, I don't remember it all but I do remember that I was flirting with her, I took her to the room because --- us both being drunk is the only way I was going to be with her, like be with her. I think I love her Chris --- since the beginning. I'm sorry --- I just don't know how to control my feelings."

It was obvious that it was all true and that it hurt him. "You, love her?" I ask, also hurt. Why was I hurt? I don't even know. He nods his head yes. "So do I, man," I state, again looking up and not at him. I see him staring in the corner of my eye.

After not looking back, he too, looks up at the sky. Surprisingly, I'm not mad. I didn't want to be mad. As there was another unawkward silence, I got a text on my phone. I pull my phone out my pocket and check it.

It was not a contact.

*phone number*: hey baby

Me: Who is this?

*phone number*: Sabrina, silly

Me: How did you get my number?

*phone number*: i took it from your phone when you weren't looking

I didn't reply. Honestly, I didn't want to but then she texted me again.

*phone number*: haven't seen you in forever

Me: A lot of things happened.

*phone number*: oh, wanna come over (;

Me: No. Look, that was a one time thing. I'm a married man. I was very vulnerable that day. That day made chaos start. I didn't mean for what happened. I'm sorry but I would appreciate it if you took my number off your phone and to never contact me again.

After I sent that huge text, I blocked her number and put my phone away just to be called by Ryan. "Chris, the doctors want to talk to you," he tells me, coming out the hospital door.

I look at both Ricky and Ryan weirdly and stand up. After I entered the hospital all of them were practically crying or hurt. "What happened?" I ask Ryan as I walk over to them. "The doctor will tell you," he says in a quiet voice.

This is getting me worried. I walk over to the doctor and again, ask what's wrong. She then sighs. That's not good. "We took a couple of test and we found a virus in her lung, its infected," she informs me.

Tears started welling up in my eyes. "W-what does that mean?" I hesitate to ask. "It means that we need to put her through surgery but we can't do that until she's stable enough --- which she isn't."

I shake my head as tears fall from my face. I then excused my from the doctor and went to Athena's room without anyone else there with me. "I love you Athena, no matter what, okay?" No response. I just wanted her to know that I love her.